Sea Eagle instead of Kayak

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by TripleGee, Mar 24, 2016.

1. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    So I'm thinking about getting into ultra small boat fishing and am just leery of a kayak. I'm pretty top heavy and got some bad knees to boot. Saw those Sea Eagle Catamaran types and got interested in those. Has anyone owned the Sea Eagle Cats and what did you think?

2. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I have no experience with the Sea Eagles so I can't comment there.

I do however, have a 10ft Jon boat that I absolutely love. It is small and light enough to throw in the the back of my pickup, and I fish out of it by myself with ease. The only thing I will be changing are the seats. I want some standard boat seats put in it, instead of sitting on just the bench. Other than that, it is great for fishing just about anywhere, and the way you can customize it to fit your needs is just about endless.

3. Ash12

Ash12 10 pointer

Oct 21, 2007
    Have you given any thought to a Gheenoe?

4. labwild

labwild 6 pointer

Jan 29, 2006
    Mercer Co., Ky.
    There are several models of kayaks that are equipped for fishing. They usually offer a raised seating situation and are easy on the knees and very stable. I have the Native Utimate with the raised seat. I can actually stand and fish if I wish and at 62 years that is something. I think you will find that a kayak type vessel will be easier to propel and maneuver. Good Luck!

5. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    1st season with a kayak and I love it . I have a ascend fs12t it's really a good boat u can stand in it but it would take some skill to confidently fish while standing . But 3-4 hour floats have been really enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    10 foot aluminum boat or a 10foot plastic pelican or basstender or the other brand. Any opinions