School

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mudhole crossing, Aug 19, 2020.

1. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Got fed up with it all. Put oldest kid in private school. No more shenanigans. She loves it so far.

2. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    IBT commie goon calls you a racist:D

3. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    I graduated from a private school. Good education and some of the best times of my life.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  4. redjackson

redjackson 6 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    My boys are going back to school in person for now. Kids do need to be in school imo until i heard how many chemicals they are going to be spraying, how many times their hands are going to be sanitized and how big of a unprepared goof our local system is. Why cant we have a solid plan?

5. wv67

wv67 12 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Just pay families 40,000 a year to home school problem solved amd if your kid fails that’s on you and they don’t get programmed

6. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    EC likes this.
  7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    10 plus years ago...teachers were turning on the school issued lap tops spying on kids at their homes.

Why does this illegal surveillance circumstance and this perversion exist? Why is it these schools' feel empowered to encroach on the private affairs and lives of children out side of schools? How is it these school systems somehow believe children are wards of the state and not the parents? Because it's tolerated. Because none of the 'leaders' are held accountable. Because they go unchallenged.

Pennsylvania schools spying on students using laptop webcams, claims lawsuit
    Feb 18, 2010
    https://www.computerworld.com/artic...nts-using-laptop-webcams--claims-lawsuit.html

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I wouldn’t mind this having a 7 year old in school but I can tell you from working with it on the inside, probably 50% plus of the slobs would quit their jobs (if they even have one), use the 40K as their salary(because you know no one is going to care with our government, just cut the check), and the kids education would be whatever technology they can buy to keep the kid from “annoying them”. I wish, you all could see the situations in some of the home visits I’ve been on. No, actually, I don’t, no one should have to see it.

9. I understand what you’re saying X but it must be balanced against personal freedom. We are heading deeper and deeper into a time when gooberments are controlling more and more of our daily lives. I don’t want a school system that believes they know better than the families what is best for children.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    DS, you’re not wrong, but I’d say most on here are good families. We were dirt poor but my parents still loved us and tried to teach good values. I wish, I really wish, everyone knew and understood what all is involved these days. I’m not saying it’s right or that I even agree with it, but somewhere along the way school has become a lot more than education to many families and kids. Invasion of privacy is wrong. Influencing politically, either way, is wrong IMO. But consider this, you got EC posting an article from 2010 above. I’ve already told you that the public school haters are going to use this virtual learning we’re forced into to stir up crap with the schools while acting like they care about education. (It’s predictable politics and when they do this they are no better than those liberal communists they bad mouth). I worked on a construction site with my dad one summer. Had employees on numerous occasions cussing, near fighting, show up drunk, wreak of alcohol and weed, and guess what? The world didn’t find out about it. Heck, and they kept their jobs! A teacher screws up and it’s world news in 5 minutes and suddenly EVERY school and everyone associated with schools are perverts, teaching a liberal agenda, invading privacy, etc...I’m one of a few responsible for close to 900 students. Imagine going to work daily fearing that something totally out of your control could happen at any moment and everyone would hold you accountable. There’s plenty of people out there passing judgment with no idea. Learning and educational may look different in the future. I can see many districts having a full time virtual option but public schools aren’t going away folks. Totally turning your back, calling them communists, saying they push the liberal agenda is probably not going to gain votes for the republicans/conservatives in the future. I’m at a CKy school which many refer to as liberalville on here and most of my colleagues I refer to as friends are very conservative and I’ll guarantee you nearly half of our staff are Republicans. I’m an open minded conservative, but not a ‘lever puller’ (I like to know something about every candidate R/D/I before they get my vote), but I’m telling you folks acting like public schools are the anti-Christ is not helping anyone. I’ll leave it alone. I’ve only been doing it for 24 years across 6 districts but everyone knows more because they can watch the news or listen to the media or they need to blame someone when their child drops out, gets arrested, doesn’t agree with them politically, etc... It is what it is. My apologies for the rant, but I care about schools and kids, carry on.

11. Then you explain to me why our youth hates our country then if it isn’t public school indoctrination. Where is it coming from then? Call it brainwashing or whatever you want but we were taught a different view of our Founders and country. I hate the guts of people who teach our youth this “Founders were villains” BS. You may not teach it but it’s being taught.

12. Watching those low IQ idiots name off black folks and Indians as the real heroes makes me want to vomit.

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Way more of it is being taught by social media, TV, etc... and many parents just allow their kids to look at this stuff and never think twice about monitoring. Saying I got SM, adult channels, etc...blocked and turning them loose isn’t monitoring. My daughter at 7 can already get to and do things I can’t as an adult with technology and we run a pretty tight ship. Plus, most libs are influenced and come from libs, same with conservatives. I’d be willing to bet you’ll find way more people on here, or anywhere else for that matter, whose children didn’t become liberal until after HS. Either college or the place they moved off to influenced their decision. I got 3 in-laws in LA, I’m pretty sure their thinking became a lot more liberal when they left Ky and moved to LA. Heck, my SIL was a diehard conservative, even in college at UofL then moved to LA and was a different person in less than two years. Not parenting and poor parenting is a much larger issue but I’ll not play the blame game. Schools are at fault for some things and are far from perfect but for those who think we sit around all the time planning on ways to push the liberal agenda, I’m pretty sure you’re mistaken from my experiences. May be different in Philly, LA, NY, etc... Again, alienating and hating on public schools all the time is not a good thing for the future of republicans/conservatives.

14. What has went on on this state with public educators, Bevin, Andy and the pensions is not a good thing for the future of public education/teachers either.

15. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Youth today have more access to information (good and bad) than any time in history because of the internet. There’s no shortage of opportunity for them to find something out there.

I had no idea there were still people that believed the Earth was flat. Apparently, there’s quite a few. They post videos on YouTube and social media before you know it someone else that’s not so sharp starts agreeing with them. It just snowballs from there. Apply that to any idea and there’s how support grows.