Scariest sound in the woods?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ljbeast15, Oct 8, 2014.

1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    . Now I know how to protect my best public land spots... Lol.

2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Its when they make that zzzziiinnnngggg sound right over my head that tends to upset me..

3. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    I'd guess you had a beaver slapping the water.. I've been just about everywhere you could have been at the Sloughs, there are no rocks, unless an injun or rock truck packed them in there!

It's amazing how your brain can cause some things to make your skin crawl... spiders, snakes, shadows, sounds....

4. Liv2hunt

Liv2hunt Spike

Sep 23, 2009
    Kenton county
    sitting In a tree seeing a deer headed your direction then grabbing your bow gwttin drawed back then lettin the arrow fly and not hearing that thwack!! Only the sound of the deer leap a few times then stand out of range blowing. By far the worst two sounds goin. If you ask me.

5. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I feel honored you consider us close friends now.

6. Tilster

Tilster Spike

Feb 12, 2012
    I'm just hiding behind my keyboard... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jlbuc10

jlbuc10 Fawn

Dec 19, 2014
    Stepping on a covey of quail

8. Docwaters

Docwaters 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2013
    Prospect
    I was in Ontario this summer, fishing the French River area above Georgian Bay. We came up on Sturgeon Falls and six wolves were on the banks. They finally scattered as we got within forty yards of the bank where they were. We fished the area quite a while and then heard the pack going crazy. There is nothing I've ever heard that raised the hair on the back of my neck like that, knowing full well I could be dinner if they had the opportunity.

9. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    I have a few commons bullets zinging, yotes etc. but ive been truly scared only a couple times in the woods.

Im from grayson county. One of the most legendary hunters of all things living around here is a man named Hobe England. He is truly a fine gentlemen and outdoorsman. But he is slightly "rough". Wears work overalls 365. Hes a monstrous man, with the deepest scratchy voice that shakes your soul speaking to him, Sounds as much as a mad grunt as voice. He speaks at full volume all the time. On my first coon hunt (with a dog on her first hunt, and 2 AA flashlights between us) we come across him in the middle of 200+ acres of hardwoods. Didnt even see him in the brush, and he bellered "you boys wanna buy a light". Coulda died right then and there. After the fear wore off, he showed me a light that looked like a small part of the sun when on. And he said "look a here boys, this thang will burn leaves offa trees".

On a squirrel hunt as a kid, my dad split up from me and agreed to meet later. He waited for me to pass the ole faithful big beach tree. The monstrous tree hid my father as he leaned against the back side. He waited for me to pass befor he yelled "do any good" pretty much in my ear. I couldnt have shot him if i had to. I wanted to but i was fear froze. I returned the favor years later.

I hunt in a pallet rack stand. 20 ft high. All steel. The sounds of a fox squirrel climbing up is nothing fun. He cant see u til hes inside the window. Real handy. I know they wont attack but why risk it.

10. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    Walking into a farm I've never hunted before and setting up next to an automatic feeder you didn't know was there until it went off 10 minutes before daylight!