Scariest sound in the woods?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ljbeast15, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    Way to class up a thread there, Beavis.

2. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    As a long time coon hunter I was always pretty much immune to all this...that is until I watched the Blair Witch then went out on a 2am hunt walking through a 100 yard long tunnel. everything in the woods was going to kill me that night!

3. MKFrench78

MKFrench78 Fawn

Sep 3, 2012
    Predawn, Setting up in stand over a creek and the resident beaver not liking your presence and smacking the water with his tail right under your stand. Fall restraints can keep you from jumping our of your stand as well.

4. ducknbuckhunter

ducknbuckhunter 10 pointer

Aug 3, 2005
    Owensboro/Murray
    My 450lb uncle coming thru the woods right before light when I was 12. Dad let me sit in a stand by myself with a pocket knife. I thought he was a bear

5. 13space82

13space82 6 pointer

Feb 5, 2008
    Paducah, Ky
    Yeah, I've had some scares, but nothing like this.

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Lol. I guess you're not a coffee drinker. He asked and I answered. I'd say it's about as classy as the marriage and apologies remark you have at the bottom of each of your posts:)

7. You never want to hear "you sure got a pretty mouth boy".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    We used to coonhunt back when I was a teenager. Got freaked out several times with stuff following us around in the woods behind us that we never could see. One night in particular I had watched a Bigfoot show marathon and was about half convinced he was real. We dropped the dogs and walked up the holler a little ways to listen. It was one of those really calm, still nights and my mind started wandering, just knowing that a whole family of bloodthirsty bigfeets were hiding in the bushes waiting to pounce. I was starting to get a little freaked out. I took a few steps forward in the darkness (we all had our lights turned off) when I hear a big thrash in the leaves, a big loud BLEEEEHHHHH right in front of me then something hits me square in the gut. I just knew Bigfoot had me and I was a goner, I screamed like a little girl but I wasn't going down without a fight. When everybodies lights flicked on I had a little yearling fawn in a headlock. Once I realized it was a 70lb deer and not a 700lb primate trying to eat me I let it go. I think the fawn was as scared as i was. The older men got a good laugh out of it. I can laugh about it now.....

9. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Scariest sound I ever heard while hunting was the roar of a Black Bear fighting with another over a "gut pile"

10. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

About 14-15 years old, right at dark walking down a creek bed back toward home. Yotes howling and yipping in the field behind me as usual at dusk. Plodding along nervous about the yotes behind me anyway and a turkey bomb erupts out of the tree overhanging the creek. After laying flat on the gravel bar, I was luckily on, until they all cleared out of the trees I ran back to the barn and burnt those Fruit of the looms.

11. Begs08

Begs08 8 pointer

Apr 21, 2010
    KY
    Seems everytime the danged yotes start howling and yipping at dark, they're always halfway between me and the truck. That always freaks me out, hate it.

12. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    You're right. I'm sorry.

13. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    The sound of a large tree breaking and crashing close to the tree you are in. Scares me every time.

14. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I don't get people being scared of coyotes. I think their howls are cool, and I've had packs of them follow me from my stand back to the truck at night. I never felt like I was in any danger.

15. Luckybuck

Luckybuck 10 pointer

May 29, 2006
    N. KY
    When you fart and on the tail it it sounds wet...