Scariest sound in the woods?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ljbeast15, Oct 8, 2014.

1. I know we're all grown a** men on this forum but there has got to be some sounds to make your hair stand up. Mines always been the screech owl on the way back to the house from the stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    a bobcat. walking back from the stand after dark. or id imagine a bunch of yotes lighting up near you would be crazy too but I've never had em sound too close.

3. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I heard a fox scream very close behind me once, way before dark, while turkey hunting. Almost sounds like a woman screaming for her life. Still get the chills thinking about that one.

4. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    Believe it or not the buck roar. If you never heard it before in the woods you better be ready to wipe lol.

5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    to me the sounds of the leaves rustling close to you walking in or out is the scariest sound in the woods...thats why i pack for now on......cause i am not going to be surprised!!!

6. Crossbow Hunter

Crossbow Hunter 6 pointer

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There
    Hissing. One pre dawn morning a couple years ago I was in my blind and I heard something rustling around in the leaves right next to my blind and when I tried to twist around to shine my light towards the sounds I heard a load, bone chilling hissing. Once I gathered enough courage I shined my sure fire out to see and it was a dang skunk. About 3 feet from my blind. It stared at the light for as long as I had it on him and I was just waiting for the hand stand followed by the spray. Luckily once I turned the light off he just took off.

7. Did hear this once thought Sasquatch was in the tree with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. johnky

johnky 8 pointer

Apr 5, 2011
    Loretto ky
    All the wired noises I ever hear,I was always at Lbl.

9. jjcc44

jjcc44 Fawn

Sep 22, 2013
    Madison County
    Once had my bow "pull up rope" come out of my backpack and chase me over a ridge till I fell and realized what it was. In deep woods anything other than quiet gets the chills going and imaginations running wild. Still love it

10. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    now thats funny right there...thanks for sharing...LOL

11. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    Rattler real close and can't spot him

12. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    Yeah, heard one the first time I went deer hunting. 1980 I think. Dark as could be. Had hair then and every one of them stood straight up. Thought a woman was being murdered.

13. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    A few years ago, several of us were down at Yatesville Lake camping and running a trot line. Late in the night we heard the awfullest combination of a grunt-scream-roar sound about a half mile on up the lake that made the hair on our necks stand up. It went on for about ten minutes which made it even worse...to this day, none of us have figured out what made that sound..

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  14. INKYHUNTER

INKYHUNTER Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Bowling Green, KY, USA.
    Bow hunting Ky Woodlands the first time back in 1960, my friend and I walked arround and away from a roaring sound. We found out later it was a Fallow buck in rut.

15. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Me takin a shat.