scariest or wildest

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by mulehead, Dec 6, 2015.

1. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    Tree knock!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
    While hunting out West heard the Howells of what I believe was wolves. Around home while climbing down in the dark a Bobcat decided to give me a good adrenaline rush!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. Farrier85

Farrier85 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2015
    Squatch stomp 20 yards away will retire your underwear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

4. Zeb

Zeb 8 pointer

May 20, 2008
    Goshen, KY
    My Dad was way up in age and had always loved hunting. Especially at his best friends 50 acre or so hunting land. The land was basically a creek bottom and hillsides with a shop that had bunks and a drum stove. As the years went on, they spent more time around the stove than hunting but he and his buddies loved it. One guy died, the owner lost his eyesight and my Dad's knees made it tough to walk to the bottom. They stayed in touch and visited when they could but (as far as we knew) nobody had been hunting there in a few years. Dad wanted to go one last time, his buddy wasn't up for hanging out in the shop so I just picked up Dad. I drove him out to his spot in the bottom where he'd sit on the ground under an old cedar tree and watch a hillside and the creek. (LoL.. wearing bright yellow rain bibs if needed and smoking a camel non filter back in the day and still killed deer more often than not) I went up the hillside to a stand after parking and got settled in waiting to hear him shoot. A few minutes later I heard a chirp like someone keying a radio. Looked around and couldn't see anyone but knew someone was watching me. After a few more chirps and the feeling that I was being watched, probably through a scope, where no one else was supposed to be I was a bit freaked out and climbed down. I just eased out, hoping to salvage Dad's last hunt and it worked out for him with a small doe. Some on here will say I should have tracked down the trespassing SOB or called the law but I never mentioned it to him or the old owner. It would have ruined the hunt and I doubt we would have found him with no orange on. I later told the owner's out of state son but he wasn't concerned or interested. Anyway, that was the most concerned I've been on a hunt.

5. Dam think,I would scratch my eyes out.Talk about bad luck.

6. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    Veterans day this year. Walking to my blind in the dark, I can make out a "blob" of an animal in the road going to my blind. I get about 15ft away, and the animal does not move, so I stop and turn on my headlamp. It is a huge skunk, just looking at me. Now we are at a stalemate. I don't want to move and scare the skunk, and he doesn't know what I am. He finally waddled off in skunk fashion, but I kept my light on him until he was way out of spraying range.

7. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    I have had the dreaded skunk in your flashlight incident. And trust me...I lost. When I walked into the house, I stopped on the rug and yelled to my dad in the living room....totally out of sight.."Guess what happened to me?" Instantly he answered "You got sprayed by a @#$%^& skunk!" I wasn't in the house 3 seconds and it had already make it's way into every room.

Also had another skunk moment. Was dumping branches into a sink hole and looked down to see not one but 2 skunks less than 2 feet from me. They were baby skunks about 6" long. I froze and just let them walk on by but my head was swiveling for the momma

8. GroundPound

GroundPound 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2010
    Swamp Gulch
    Not deer hunting but a strange day that nearly wound up with everyone going to jail

Was duck hunting with a group on the OH river about 15 years ago. There was apparently confusion about the ability to tie up or anchor to the Indiana bank during the KY season. We just finished shooting a mallard drake, when we see a large flat bottom approaching. It was old Mr. Green Jeans coming to check on our group. At about 35 yards from the bank they start to bottom out on a mud flat. The one who identified himself as a National Warden, assisting or working with the state team, gets impatient, starts to cuss and decides to jump out of the boat only wearing thigh high waders. He immediately sinks to the waist in the OH river soup and starts to fall over. Admittedly this is a dangerous situation as it was about 20 degrees out, but a member of our group started laughing his ass off, which triggered some others myself included to laugh. It was funny because we all had joked when putting out the decoys how hard it was to walk in the soup and we all nearly fell. Well, once the warden regained his balance with the assistance of his buddy, he was soaked to the neck, and was a pissed off individual. He made us all get out of the boat, took nearly everything in the boat and pitched it on the bank, called the local police to see if anyone had warrants, and was generally the biggest jerk I have ever seen. The whole time he was trying to be the bad ass, he was shaking uncontrollably from the onset of what I would imagine to be hypothermia to prove he had power. By the end he could barely speak his teeth were chattering so much.

9. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    I seriously wish I could tell you I shot the car up or did something over the top, but truth be told I was so shocked by the whole thing I stopped turned around walked back to the truck sat there from prob ten minutes trying to figure out what I should do about it. I finally drove down to the check station and had them call the FWC officer. He got there and told me I was his third complaint about it in his 7 years working there. Of course they were gone by the time I got back there with him but you could see the tire tracks where they had backed in. To this day I refuse to hunt that road of the WMA.

10. mulehead

mulehead 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2009
    in the hills
    You never know what you might see piled up on a car hood lol

11. mulehead

mulehead 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2009
    in the hills
    I tell ya right know. I'm 44 years old and I hate walking through the woods and it dark.

12. joint187

joint187 Spike

May 20, 2015
    I climbed into my treestand one evening an got all of my gear set up and sat down, Next thing i know there is something crawling around under my butt inside the seat. I nearly jumped out if the treestand! once i regained my composure i turned to figure out what it was again. I poked it and it ran across the seat. The way it moved under the seat liner it looked just like a snake. (Freaking out again) so i take my knife and i cut a little slit in the liner and start pushing whatever it is towards the crack. Well when it gets close it runs towards the slit and jumps out onto my leg! It was a damn flying squirrel! It jumps on my leg and starts climbing up me. Well long story short both me and the squirrel damn near fall out of the tree! Didnt see any deer that night i wonder why!

13. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    was going to my stand one morning. it was a full moon so I just had my light hanging down toward my feet off my belt. ( I always have my light on even when its a little dark. to many sound shooters out there.) im in a hurry and all of a sudden I see batman.
    it was a buzzard sitting on about a 10 inch stump 4 foot tall. it stood up and spreads its wings and looks just like batman. almost caused me to hurt myself. after I got settled down I eased around it never taking my eyes off it.

14. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I had been sitting in a tree a couple years ago all morning. Had heard the barred owls before dawn on the hill above me, but thought nothing of it. As I'm about to climb down for the day, I here a branch shake, look up that hill, and see the two, orange/yellow eyes of a barred owl getting way bigger, way fast. He broke it off at the last second, but he came close enough I could feel the air disturbance from his wings. That gave me a rush.

Turkey hunting one morning, pitch black with no moon, it's about an hour before light, and a fox starts screaming not 30 feet behind me. Sounded like a woman being murdered. Scared $hitle$$ is an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk