sbe broke

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by scastle, Jan 16, 2016.

1. scastle

scastle 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2011
    went hunting with sbe 1 this morn and gun wouldnt cycle.the slide would only come back half way,if i kept working it it would finaly come back.once shell fired slide would only come half way back having to stop and work on gun.was wandering should i send back to benelli or get a gunsmith to look at it??dont know any gunsmiths.any help???

2. GunCat

GunCat 8 pointer

Jan 26, 2006
    Fairview, KY
    Where are you located? I know a guy in west KY (near Hopkinsville) that knows Benelli guns.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. scastle

scastle 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2011
    Winchester ky. Eastern ky

4. GunCat

GunCat 8 pointer

Jan 26, 2006
    Fairview, KY
    Take the trigger group out of the receiver then see if the bolt will move properly. If it does see if the hammer will cock and release. A piece of shot or other debris in the trigger group could bind the hammer causing extra pressure on the bolt (the bolt moving back cocks the hammer after each shot)

5. EKYridgerunner

EKYridgerunner 10 pointer

Sep 13, 2010
    When's the last time you cleaned the recoil spring?

6. Rossi

Rossi 6 pointer

Oct 19, 2009
    Montgomery Co. , KY
    Take the bolt out and remove the firing pin so you can tak a part the bolt , mine did this and it was a headlocking pin broke , benneli sent me a new one .

7. scastle

scastle 6 pointer

Mar 4, 2011
    just took bolt out and found the link is broken.$33 bucks from brownells.so thanksfor the help