Saw the damndest thing today

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by wprebeck, Nov 27, 2018.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Went out to screw around at the farm we have permission to hunt. While there is a pond there, waterfowl aren't around on any kind of a regular basis....although we did hear wood ducks during deer season, lol.

Anyway, we were driving by the neighbor's place on the way in, and there were three sandhills on his hill, just up from his pond. Me and the boy can shoot five between the two of us, but I doubt we ever see them around again. First time we've seen cranes on the ground, anywhere around here .

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Sis said she seen about a dozen sitting in a corn field just off hwy 431 north of Lewisberg, Ky a couple weeks ago. I guess when they get tired or hungry they may land anyplace and eat and rest. I hear them fly over from time to time both spring and fall but as usual with Sandhill's unless they have a regular refuge stop they are up there with jet liners most of the time.

3. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Seen about 200 in a Corn field last week in Cropper

4. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 6 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    A few years ago I started riding a desk most of the day...I miss a lot of things about outdoor work but I really miss hearing those things pass through in November.

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Once heard it is a sound you will never forget. I waterfowl hunted a lot on a Indiana F&W area where 20 to 30 thousand made a stop migrating in both directions.

HeadedWest likes this.
  6. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Last year 200 landed right in front of shooting house i was deer hunting. Recorded it on my phone really neat.

HeadedWest likes this.