Sauger

Gforcetrivers

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2016
Burkesville
Walleye liver? Enquiring minds want to know?

Years ago I fished with some folks that had a place on Harstens Island in MI on the St Clair River. They always had a chest freezer full of walleye. They didn't waste anything. You would think and most people who manage to harvest big numbers of anything that they would take the prime parts and discard the rest. But that was not the case. I have seen guys kill limits of pheasant, ducks and doves and just keep the breasts as an example. I think its more cutting corners than intentional arrogance. Maybe its ignorance that they don't know how to prepare certain parts IDK. I digress...yes walleye livers are edible.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Same with geese and turkey. Most just breast em out. And I'm ok with that. I choose to part em up and put the parts in the crock pot. Make soup or stew or pot pie in the end. Use the breast separately. Now and then I will deep fry a turkey. I still think that's the best way to cook turkey, cept I love dressing. Stuffing is ok but dressing rocks!

Happy Camper

6 pointer
Oct 26, 2013
20211205_125131_compress28.jpg

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
Anyone been to Meldahl lately? Was thinking about going this weekend but with temps pushing 70° I wouldn't think the sauger fishing would be all that great.

Latest posts