Saturday morning movement

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Herby, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Herby

Herby 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2011
    Who all is out this morning? Got into the stand about 30 minutes ago. Pretty quiet and warm so far. Looks to be a good day here in Gallatin Co. How are they moving in your Alls neck of the woods? Any rutting seen in nky

2. tmayn031

tmayn031 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    nky
    Got in the stand about 6:15 and pushed some deer on my way in. Hunted same area Thursday and saw a fair amount of deer, a few doe and 2 bucks. Heard chasing that morning but it was too dark at the time to see. A small 8 pointer was holding awful close to a doe in some thick stuff on my way out as well. If it's not full go here in Bracken I think it's close.

Good luck. Hopefully today is the day cause I almost stayed in bed.

3. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    im here in a tree in allen co. was a raint nite here everything is soakin wet. should be a decent morning if the warmer temps dont lock them down. i been seeing rutting acrivity since last saturday pretty regular. good luck to all.

4. Rut-n-Strut

Rut-n-Strut 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Owen County
    Rut is on in Owen Co. as well. My brother saw some chasing yesterday morning and I saw a nice 8 chasing Thursday evening. Been hunting a real tall 8. My brother saw him with 3 does last night 200-300 yards away from where I was hunting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. Kentucky Belle

Kentucky Belle Spike

Sep 22, 2013
    Out with my bow looking for a doe in Johnson Co. Saw some big boys cruising a couple days ago and some young bucks chasing does. It's started!

Sent from the east Kentucky deer woods!

6. nontypical

nontypical 6 pointer

Oct 22, 2005
    paducah,ky
    In stand in far west ky in McCracken co. 54 degrees and 12-15 mph wInds. Just had 4 does run by followed by 3 coyotes I've hunted 7 of last 9 days. Not much rutting that I've seen
    Just had small 8 pt chasing 2 does come by at 30 yards.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  7. Herby

Herby 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2011
    Stay in bed... Blasphemy my college age roommates were still partying when I woke up this morning. Deer season is one of the few times I'm awake before 5am

8. Nova Shooter

Nova Shooter 6 pointer

Nov 4, 2005
    Warren County, KY
    Good luck to those able to be out there this morning. I'm stuck at work wishing I was in a stand. It was misting rain here on my way in, I'm thinking it should be a good morning.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

9. Herby

Herby 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2011
    3 shots in last 5 minutes here. One left of me one to my right and one behind. I guess that means they are moving... Or I'm in the crossfire lol.

10. tbrothers

tbrothers 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2011
    Cecilia
    Me and my stepson got in the stand at 6:10 this morning and we have not seen a thing. I have hunted all week in Hardin county and saw several deer Monday and Tuesday. But I have not seen a deer since Tuesday. I don't know if they are locked down now or what. I'm hoping that he gets to see something because that's all that he has talked about since last Monday. He killed his first turkey this spring during youth season and all he can say is he needs a big buck now to make it a perfect year!!! Needless to say he is a little excited!!!! Good luck to everyone and be safe!!!

11. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

Jan 3, 2005
    Den tree in Northern KY
    Saw 2 coyotes chasing a doe around a hillside. Put a hurtin on one of em.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. mchunter

mchunter 8 pointer

Same situation here in Marshall county. Hunted all day Saturday and Sunday last weekend and have been able to squeeze in about an hour after work every day this week, and I've seen almost zero rut activity and very few deer. Hoping to get my nephew one this weekend but we haven't seen a thing so far this morning. Did see several bucks on the move at work yesterday but no does. I'm still getting bucks together and feeding with does on cam.

13. bowman 24

bowman 24 Fawn

Oct 30, 2012
    simpson county
    me an son in here at 5:30 no movement yet here but have heard 9shots already

14. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    nothing moving in butler co this morning except the tree rats. been a bad gun season here. only seeing 1-2 deer per day on average.

15. tmayn031

tmayn031 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    nky
    Had a lone doe come in about an hour ago. She was quiet as heck coming through with as wet as it is. Just heard my second shot within about an hour. Had to have seem 40 squirrels so far. Gonna thin those out for sure after deer season.