Sad Day.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by B.M. Barrelcooker, Dec 25, 2017.

1. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I hate to have to report this with it being Christmas and all but we’ve lost one of our own.

Bowfinger who frequented this sight and quite often contributed has gone on to the great duck woods in the sky.

I don’t know all the details as the search and rescue haven’t released anything yet.
    The exact cause of the accident is sketchy but it sounds like speed and a narrow channel are the main factors. Apparently that hopped up tohatsu motor accelerated him straight in a hairpin turn on the upper pond river and sent him head on into a large oak tree at upwards of 45 mph.
    It’s a real shame.

He will be missed in the duck woods and on this site.
    Y’all take time to reflect on this and please always consider wearing your helmet when scouting and running the river.
    RIP Bowfinger.

2. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    Wow, just goes to show how precious life is! My Prayers to his family and friends!! What a shame!!!

3. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Very sorry to hear, prayers.

4. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    I told him that hot mota was too much for ole dead man's curve. I guess it finally got him. But he went put hammerin down. Maybe I'll buy his rig when the time is right and give it a proper burial.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    B.M. Barrelcooker likes this.
  5. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Holy shit.

We didn't go out today, cause it was slick on them back roads where we go chase birds. I love duck hunting, but birds aren't worth that...

Prayers to his family.

6. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Someone is lurking under his name...last activity was 50 minutes ago.

7. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Oh my gosh. That is so hard to believe. I will be praying for his family and friends.

8. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    Owensboro, KY
    7A04CB23-D1BC-4FAD-A830-A09580DFE3DF.jpeg I knew bowfinger well, considered him one of my closest friends. He will be missed and I’m hurting... but as I said, I knew bowfinger well... last thing he would want is ho hum BS! So I’m gonna load up in the AM, and I’m taking that corner that got him wide open with both middle fingers up yelling BILLY all the way. Green gonna die tomorrow the only way we knew how... Feetdown. Brown water and a good cigar gonna cap the hunt off. Merry Christmas ya bunch of Ricky’s, this ones for the best asshole I knew

9. B.M. Barrelcooker

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Not much left of it from what I hear.
    Junior Spantoe with the volunteer firemen said it was crushed like a Busch lite can.

His ol lady is probably lookin at ol post to get kill pics for a bulletin board collage.

Any of y’all got any memories to share post em up.

10. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    Owensboro, KY
  11. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Leave it to an edge to let you down. Shoulda bought an ambush or havoc.

12. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    I’m not dead dam it. I’m really really high so stop calling me. Can’t talk anyways jaw wired shut broke collar bone dislocated shoulder concussion and maybe a few rubs. Merry Christmas. And aooerantky I shit my waders.

13. B.M. Barrelcooker

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
  14. Rob DeHaven

Rob DeHaven 10 pointer

Apr 19, 2006
    on the road
    Well guess you shouldn't have painted that lower unit red. Whatever the truth is glad your not dead.

Marsh CallUser likes this.