Rut status in Henderson County???

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Saw pretty good rut activity today for about 200 feet. Looked like a big truck ran off the road into soft median from all the rain and caused heck of a rut.

on another note my friend saw a good amount of chasing last night by a descent buck in Henderson. Said the buck was chasing and running a doe every which way in a cut cornfield

Greg McFay

Fawn
Mar 5, 2021
We all appreciate some comedy!!

I DO APPRECIATE the actual responses. My son and I are just looking forward to a good trip and hopefully we get to see a few deer,.

Greg McFay

Fawn
Mar 5, 2021
In our area the tail end is usually better than peak. The bucks seem to be putting that last bit of effort in trying to find a hot doe and we tend to see a surge in buck activity. Either way we are looking forward to a bice trip and enjoying a different area. Thanks

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Deer don’t rut by county. It’s like clockwork pretty much each year. Starting Halloween you’re going to see action starting. Smaller bucks first then bigger ones soon to follow. Warming temperature next week may reduce daytime activity a little. Also, individual rutting reports will vary. One guy says it’s non existent while the next will say it’s on fire. Depends if you’re in the right place at the right time. Good luck. I’m hunting Henderson and Webster counties myself.

Latest posts