Rural King ammo list.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by WildmanWilson, Sep 7, 2019.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    So I see on Facebook about Rural King being strong on the second amendment yet I just find out they have a blacklist on ammunition sales. At least ours does and some others. Not sure if they all do. When you buy ammo they have a list of names that they check against to see if you’re on it. I’m not sure how you get on the list. I don’t think I’ll be buying anymore from them. We have enough busybodies in the government without them making it worse.

davers likes this.
  2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You think maybe when someone fails a background check, they put their name on their list, makes you wonder how the list is made.

3. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Yeah my problem is like the no fly list. No one knows how you exactly get on it and if you are mistakenly on it how to clear your name. It’s leading more and more to a national database and registry. I don’t like these companies making their own rules, like some have, by raising age limits above what state law requires.

Seems they are crumbling to the anti gun crowd and want to show them they are proactive. I just don’t like the direction things are going.

aceoky and Dark Cloud like this.
  4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    NOONE likes the direction things are going.
    My advice is Be Prepared cause it's a fixin to get a lot worse.
    Stock up. Now.

baknblack, TripleGee, hotdog and 3 others like this.
  5. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Could be a list of ammo hoarders.

davers, aceoky and barney like this.
  6. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    If that is the case, no need for me to even walk in the store.

7. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I couldn't buy 22 LR for a year because of hoarders and flea market sellers who doubled the price.

aceoky likes this.
  8. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Y'all still buy ammo in stores?

Capttrae likes this.
  9. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I've never been checked, nor seen or heard of such a list here. Though I've bought most ammo online for some time now there are times I want something and they usually have it for a fair price and unlike "some places" I don't have to wait an hour for some associate with a key to finally decide I'm worth dealing with.

Carl likes this.
  10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Online now.

Snareman2 likes this.
  11. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I buy all my ammo online. Better prices, bulk, and delivered to your door. A lot of times you can catch it with free shipping and no tax.

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    The manager here said the list was for people that failed a gun background check. They put them on an ammo list as well. Seems dumb because they could fail a check other places and still not be on their list. Just more political bs that’s not backed by law.

aceoky likes this.
  13. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I wonder when they started that. I've bought plenty of ammo before at Rural King and never had to provide ID or anything. But I'd much rather a private company like Rural King do this than any gov't entity.

aceoky likes this.
  14. HuntR

HuntR Fawn

Jan 21, 2019
    Central KY
    Be careful with online transactions. If you use Google in your browser and/or Gmail (another Google product) your transaction information is collected by Google. Google knows your search history and the sites you visit and your interactions. They hate guns and will use (store) this info to identify gun owners. Change your search engine in your browser to DuckDuckGo not Google. Do not use Gmail for the same reasons.

Carl likes this.
  15. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I've used duck duck go for quite some time for that and many other reasons