Rumors ?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by broadside, Aug 8, 2004.

1. broadside

broadside 6 pointer

I have heard rumors of a bear being shot around Cornishville in Mercer Co. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone heard of a bear shot in Mercer? I also heard that maybe it was out on the KY river.

CAIN'T HAVE NOTHIN

2. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Is it bear season already

3. DDMAN

DDMAN 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2003
    KY
    good to see you back broadside.

THE MAIN THING A GREAT HUNTER TAKES TO THE WOODS, IS ETHICS

4. kybowhunter

kybowhunter 6 pointer

Feb 1, 2003
    central ky
    Hey Broadside you know those rumors have been around for along time.But who knows what comes up the ol' river......[:D]

www.kyarchery.com
    www.rogerraglin.com

5. eastky

eastky Fawn

Jun 9, 2004
    evarts, ky, USA.
    Years ago, I was hiking through a large clearing in Mercer County, near Terrapin. It was bordered on one side by a large cedar forest, and on the other by a steep hill with a creek at the bottom. This area was chock full of deer and turkeys, but received very little hunting pressure. There were also a lot of coyotes around. Anyway, I came upon a track in the mud that puzzled me. It was more rounded than that of a dog, and it was also about twice as large as even the biggest dog track. Some friends of mine that lived in the area owned a couple of great pyrenees (which are very large dogs) to guard their sheep, and this track put theirs to shame. Although I had never imagined that area being able to support bear(s), I could not, and still cannot to this day, think of anything else that could have made that track. It looked like a fat human foot, but with less of an arch, and claw marks.

I'll never know if it was actually a bear track. But if they can show up in Boone County, they could show up in Mercer.

6. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    SASSSSQUACH!!!
    AKA BIGFOOT

7. arshooter

arshooter 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2003
    moreland, ky.
    easy on the bear rumors i hunt in mercer co alot [:D][:D]