ruger mini 14

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by riverboss, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Hoosier5

Hoosier5 Banned

Sep 6, 2004
    Northern Taylor Co.
    As you state, your Ruger 10/22 has a "Bull Barrel" while my 10/22 had just the regular sporter weight barrel. The biggest problem I had with the Ruger was that it changed point of impact with each shot. I used it a few times for Squirrel Hunting but never got one Squirrel with it, all misses. I traded this semi-auto for one of T/C semi-auto "Classic" which was better, but it too wasn't as accurate as my currently owned CZ 452 American Classic. At least the T/C .22 "Classic" Auto was ALL Steel construction & the barrel was screwed into the action while the Ruger is just held in place by two bolts. I know the Ruger has a plastic rotary magazine, and if you are happy with your Ruger then I certainly would keep & use it for your Hunting.

2. darianbarr

darianbarr Spike

Dec 23, 2006
    hoosier thanks for your approval i think i will keep it ive had going on 10-12 years now

3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Some of the first 10-22s had tubular magazines but they are rare. I would love to have one of them.

4. Hoosier5

Hoosier5 Banned

Sep 6, 2004
    Northern Taylor Co.
    That's fine and good luck with your 10/22. Lots of shooters like semi auto's which is fine, but I think I'll stay with my bolt actions. :)