Rough River Lake kayak trip

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
This is the biggest bass I have ever caught out of Rough River Lake. My guess is around 5lbs.

rough_kayak_bass_3-5873533.jpg

rough_kayak_bass_2-15104587.jpg

I caught several smaller bass and a couple decent ones. It was a good trip.

rough_kayak_bass_1-35212947.jpg

7mmx2

12 pointer
Nov 8, 2007
KY
Looks like you had a blast, get all of the fishing in before the kiddo comes! (Trust me I have only been out once)
Nice LM!

justwannafish

6 pointer
Mar 26, 2009
louisville, ky
Nice job bowhunter. Amazing you were able to find a day when it wasn't raining. What were u catchin em on, and what bridge was that in the pic? Nice kayak setup by the way. Looks like fun, but might be a little rough on a smoker like me although the way my trolling motor has been acting up, i've been doing my share of paddling. Going to try Rough this weekend if weather permits and try to catch some stripes.

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
Nice job bowhunter. Amazing you were able to find a day when it wasn't raining. What were u catchin em on, and what bridge was that in the pic? Nice kayak setup by the way. Looks like fun, but might be a little rough on a smoker like me although the way my trolling motor has been acting up, i've been doing my share of paddling. Going to try Rough this weekend if weather permits and try to catch some stripes.

Oh, it did rain that day. And I got caught out in it, about 100 yards from the ramp, LOL. I caught all those bass on a pearl Zoom super fluke. The bridge in the pic is the one to the left of Nicks Boat Ramp.

I went to that bridge hoping to catch some Hybrids, or better yet, white bass. But I caught neither. Let me know if you have any luck with them when you go. I may have to hit you up for some tips.

You eat em?

No, I wish I had though. I forgot the stringer.