rossi trifecta 20 ga barrel

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by turkeyhunter91, Jan 23, 2014.

1. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    hello, i was wondering if any of you know if you can have a rossi 20 ga barrel threaded for screw in chokes, we bought one for my step son to deer hunt with and i would like to fix the 20ga barrel to turkey hunt with,it has a fixed mod choke now but i would like to have the barrel threaded and drilled and tapped, thanks for any help.
    Modify message

2. GunCat

GunCat 8 pointer

Jan 26, 2006
    Fairview, KY
    More than likely the barrel can be threaded for tubes. Most modern 20 ga guns have plenty of wall thickness left in the barrel. I know a guy that can do it for you. More info sent via Private Message

3. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    If the cost of threading your barrel is more than you want to invest, check your 30 yard pattern with either Hevi Shot 6, 7 or blended turkey loads. You might be pleasantly surprised. After years of turkey hunting with kids, I have decided that to tight of a pattern causes way more misses that to open of one. When the nerves kick in, a softball sized wad of shot is easy to launch over a birds head. I keep my kid's shots at 35 yards and under and use factory full on their guns. The hevi shot number 7 loads hold a massive load of shot and pack a magnum sized punch out to 35 yards.