Roll Call for Friday

HootyBob

Fawn
Jan 31, 2008
Barren County
Had a decent 8 point test me this morn, seen a doe and 2 fawns, had heard some gobblin too. I doe bleated that 8 pointer in, he stuck around for awhile kinda confused that he couldnt find that doe hed heard. Beautiful morning thou!

jtgrin2

6 pointer
Oct 14, 2009
Seems like woods arejustnow waking up. Birds woodpeckers and geese are all finally making some noise. I might stay another hour. Good luck

jtgrin2

6 pointer
Oct 14, 2009
I got out of the tree at 11am no luck. nice morning tho. how does the time stamp work on here? seems to be 2 hours behind me and im in eastern ky. I know western ky is an hour back but not sure what this time stamp is based on

Thwack

6 pointer
Sep 14, 2013
Saw two small deer pretty sure one was a button buck. They were running in circles in the woods. I thought I had gotten busted, til they stopped in front of me. Maybe a young buck was bothering their mother. I did think I heard a grunt. I'm not against shooting a young deer. But I'm wanting to fill more than one shelf in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Went this morning and didn't see a thing, same as last night. It's usually an 80% stand, very rarely do I see nothing. Not any acorns on this farm, contrary to what everyone else is seeing. Scouted a little and found a great spot to see up in Monday evening/Tuesday morning (no acorns but rubs and scrapes). Did find one of those big red oaks dropping like crazy on the walk out, but nothing great in the woods.....probably less than normal.

Even though no deer, it was a great morning. Don't think I can remember when the woods were quite that still. Not the slightest breeze blowing. Seen 5 squirrels too. And I don't care how many you have seen, every sunrise is the woods is awesome and so is the transition as it filters through the trees. Can't go tonight as I'm taking my boy out for his birthday dinner.

Latest posts