Roll call 11-8

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Martinbow, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    Just rattled in a 7 pt looking for a fight . First deer of the day for me.

2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I’d say just not started good.

3. I love whitetail

I love whitetail Fawn

Jul 25, 2016
    Grunted a really nice 125 inch 8 pointer this morning.

4. Monster01

Monster01 8 pointer

Dec 9, 2013
    Its 141 and I have had the single best day ever in 15 years of hunting . If I had a pillow id just stay in this tree tonight.

Cousty likes this.
  5. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Been sitting here for 3 hours and I just now realized there is a deer bedded uphill and upwind of me not 40 yards. I have no idea how it can't smell me. It had to have walked in after I did.

bondhu likes this.
  6. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Man, I can't figure them out this year. I've seen a couple of bucks cruising rub lines but the does and the Yearlings have completely vanished. Every morning my place looks like a truck and tractor trailer pull took place with all of the doe track. During the day they're just not there.

7. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Same here

Fat Tony likes this.
  8. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    Well,tell us about it.......

9. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    One more doe for me this evening that’s it gess pulling what little bit of hair I got out.

10. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I had a nice deer cruise thru about an hour before dark . Couldn't slow him down with anything I had he was on a mission and stayed just out of range. Not a doe to be seen in several all day sits .

11. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    Coming back to the shop from Eddyville this evening we seen a huge buck chasing a doe. He looked pretty wore out

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    That's so weird. We're probably hunting not 5 miles as the crow flies from each other, and all i am seeing is does and yearlings. Minus the really good buck I saw from 150 yard yesterday, I don't have anything on camera over a fork horn. Only second year hunting this particular farm, but last year I had several shooter deer on cam by now.

I waked the edges of the property, which are travel corridor, and not the first run or scrape anywhere.

13. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Property is a large one and not a single scrape on it... but I have every rub in the county. Normally all we see are does and young bucks. I jokingly call it the Pendelton County Petting Zoo. I have seen the same mature doe twice...and she's the only one I've seen from stand since October 1st.

It's like my entire property is a huge night time travel corridor right now. Every evening after the hunt we pull out of the driveway and the deer are lined up in people's yards all the way to 22.

My fields never got hayed the second time so the grass is high...I mowed 5 foot wide paths and the tracks of deer using them each night...like a downtown sidewalk at lunch hour.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Sat all day and only saw a doe with a yearling being pushed by probably the smallest spike I've seen.

15. DePre

DePre 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2016
    Sat all day and saw 3 does and two small bucks. Couldn't tell much about the one that chased them onto the farm I'm hunting and he disappeared, but later on a spike came in and would give short bursts of chase activity with them but all were mostly focused on the corn. I'm getting good bucks on cam but still mostly after dark.