Roger deskins buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Dec 1, 2019 at 7:32 PM.

1. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Anyone see a pic of the top one from last year? Can’t find anything online

Attached Files:

2. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Ol boy don't want the BS involved with publicizing a big deer.
    I don't blame him a bit.
    Most of the big deer killed don't even get recorded in their trophy deer program anymore.
    I know of 3 this year that would be in the hunting guide next year, just around here.

Trophyspike, Nock, barney and 3 others like this.
  3. ManofManyStangs

ManofManyStangs 6 pointer

May 4, 2009
    I seen it, but was asked not to share it. Huge!!

4. Every year,I end up with pics from friends,that kill nice or big bucks.They don't want people to know the property they hunt has big deer.So they tell me not to post them.

barney, Munson and Meatstick like this.
  5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I have seen laid hands on 3 that would go in book records. They don't want them known about.

Meatstick likes this.
  6. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You would be surprised of the big deer taken, a lot just don’t need or want the recognition.

Nock and barney like this.
  7. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    The deer in question says “found”.

8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    True but he knows if people knew where it was found. They would flock to that area and try to hunt. Thinking more big Bucks there.

Dark Cloud and Junglekat like this.
  9. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Buddy of mine killed the top typical last year. By the time the hoopla died down he was wishing it had never gotten out.

10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    that's exactly why i only have my pics made with 125" deer, throws the internet scouts off the trail of my double super secret booner spot.

carnivore, Trophyspike, Nock and 4 others like this.
  11. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    You know, I've been hearing people say to not tell where you shot a big deer because then others will hunt on top of you, or try to steal the spot from under you, for at least 20 years now. But I don't know of any case where anyone has ever claimed that it actually happened. Anyone ever had it actually happen to them?

12. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Well rest assured if I shoot, find, or hit with my truck a 250" buck ya'll won't have to look hard for me! I'll be the guy with the shit eatin' grin posing for the cover of Ky Afield! Lol That is a monster buck!! Its not like there's a secret farm full of 'em someone is going to find and come steal them all lol

13. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Yes I have. My grandfathers farm in Franklin county. Cousin killed a 185 there. He bragged about it told where it was killed. Next year hunters coming we didn't even know. Parking on interstate walking in. coming in off River with boats. We ran hunters out all season.

aaronc likes this.
  14. At Full Draw

At Full Draw Fawn

Sep 13, 2016
    YES. But not hunters sneaking in, outfitters did, bringing the hunters. Seven years back a friend shot a book deer. By the time next deer season rolled around the place had been leased for high dollars by Whitetail Haven Outfitters. It wasn't by coincidence either. My friend loved the publicity, but in the end he lost a tremendous farm.

15. Heard of people losing permission over it.I have heard people losing there spot because of it,and leased out because of big buck kills