Robertson co fishing?

mwbyler

Fawn
Apr 24, 2022
soon to be Ky
Will be relocating to Robertson co and wondering if there is any good public fishing/public waters in the area? I see Cave run lake is about an hour away, hoping to find some decent fishing in the area.

mwbyler

Fawn
Apr 24, 2022
soon to be Ky
Never been a fan of pay lakes, been there done that back in the 70s when the old man took me and my brother to a pay lake, caught fish but it's not fishing the way I like fishing.

campmeat

Fawn
Oct 7, 2010
Licking River
Martin's Lake has been closed for sometime. Lake Carnico in Carlisle is close, the lickings right there too. If you have a boat there's a ramp at Blue Licks.

mwbyler

Fawn
Apr 24, 2022
soon to be Ky
Martin's Lake has been closed for sometime. Lake Carnico in Carlisle is close, the lickings right there too. If you have a boat there's a ramp at Blue Licks.
I have a 16 ft smoker craft that would probably work well on the river, motor has a prop though. Is the fishing decent?

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
I fished a creek up that way back in the 90s. It was a big ass creek. More like a small River. I can’t remember but it may have been in Fleming co. There was one stretch about 100 yards long that was rocky and thst was the only place we could catch smallies. The rest was deep holes with wood cover and was loaded with large jaws. We would take us some grease, skillets, taters, light bread and have a shore lunch right there on a sand bar. Man that was the good ol days.

Latest posts