River Smallmouth

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by 4UK, Feb 17, 2016.

1. 4UK

4UK 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Johnson co Ky
    Looking to find some decent spots to catch some smallmouth within a hour or so drive from paintsville ky . Catch and release is how I fish for smallmouth , any information is appreciated . Thanks in advance ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Bout any creek that will get your shoes wet will have some smallies in it. Park in a widespot and jump in, make some casts, might be surprised to have good fishing real close by.

3. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Troublesome Creek has some good smallies in it. Or it used to anyway. Haven't fished it in years but lived in it all through Knott and Perry Co as a kid and young adult. Also fished Ball creek quite a bit and it had a few nice ones in it as well. Not as great a population though.

4. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    You are quite a ways from Bowling Green, but if you ever travel this way, I can put you on a good smallmouth spot.

5. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    The big sandy is one of the better smallie waters in our area of Ky.Its often overlooked but its true.Rebel craws and jigs.Live bait too..You will need a small boat of some kind likely though. Not much bank fishing on the big sandy..
    There are sevrlhalw shoals you cn wade fish. Wireman shoals up by Auxier is one and they are putting in a boat ramp at the mouth of Johns creek.