RIP Tawny

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by bondhu, May 14, 2021.

1. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
  2. Lol you’re a moron tonight bro, keep trying.

barney likes this.
  3. I prefer G’n’R to VH if I’m honest cause I prefer the rawer stuff to the lamestream pop sound, but to compare one’s body of work to the other is crazy. Knock yourself out though, but that’s crazy talk.

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    We are talking about music (albeit very very terrible 80’s travesties that should be stricken from humanity)....you are easily triggered.

drakeshooter likes this.
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Ummmm....you are correct that guns and roses who actually produced a viable sound should not be compared to a “commercialized” 80’s rock boy band with a flashy lead guitarist.

6. lol agreed, but you have a habit of getting a bit triggered yourself then accusing others of same.

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I like the give and take. I’m assuming you do to.

8. BTW this board is one of the biggest and best venting releases I get all day long and admittedly sometimes I get a bit carried away lol. Excuse me!

EdLongshanks and barney like this.
  9. Plus I got heavy into a keg of beer and a low country boil this evening lol. Buzzed up and my head is on fire from the cayenne and Zattarin’s ha, doing a little half drunk posting hahahaha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    I for one forgive you and understand as I sat by the fire wayyy too long tonight and ran the bottle of bourbon dry. Jealous AF of the low country boil BTW.
    Either way, 70s rock was forever changed when KISS first donned the makeup. After that came an onslaught of Euro heavy bands like Priest and Maiden who blew VH off anyones stage. Aero was washed up and fading until Run DMC and "Rock this way" gave them a resurgence. VH was actually just the beginning of big hair bands, albeit with a great front man and one of the best guitarists of modern history. The sound was very commercial, and studio produced to appeal to a broad spectrum, aka: execs said shut up and play this.
    GnR had their own sound, and IMO, began the downfall of glam metal. Nobody was gonna restrain Axl: managers, execs, fans, or his own band members. Remember the awards show they all showed up to shitfaced?
    However you cut it, we had great, great rock bands in the late 70s and all of the 80s until that damn band from Seattle with the Cobain guy showed up.....
    Also, VanHagar was by far my favorite of the two. That is all, carry on....

11. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    I do like some VH (running with the devil, ain’t talkin bout love, eruption, Jamie’s crying) but that’s about it. I prefer GNR over them, I can listen to the whole appetite for destruction album. AC/DC was the real deal. And although they were a little newer I prefer Metallica over them all

jblack1 and Tankt like this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I concur with everything you have said....but that band from Seattle was phenomenal

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    The stones and the Beatles suck!
    Aerosmith is hands down the best rock band ever.

14. G. n. R, def leppard,zz top,metallica,motley crew

drakeshooter, Tankt and xbokilla like this.