Right place wrong time

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Ilovetohunt, Nov 19, 2019.

How many agree I should not be back in the area until January or February? Only for scouting?

1. Yes

41.7%
  2. No

58.3%
  1. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    Talk about making one heck of a terrible mistake scouting, it cost me a monster!
    Hunting on my uncle's 321 acres here
    And for some reason he forgets to tell me about the additional 50 acres right smack dab on the tip top of the mountain.
    So yesterday while we are hunting together, he tells me where I ACTUALLY SHOULD BE.
    So I overslept this morning, and when I got to the top, a booner was making his way down the logging road, at 8am and we walked Into each other, well you can guess what transpired..he was gone back up the mountain, into the mountain Laurel and I'm left cussing...lmao.
    So I have decided to lay off the top and not even scout it until January, anyone here agree with my decision to lay off the top for the year ? Is it a good choice?
    Not atv accessible...at all and it's a 3 hour hike...that area has never ever ever been hunted...in like 3-4 years

MoMan and blueridge42 like this.
  2. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    You still have your buck tag? If so they I would hike up there and hunt the first time I got up there. You do run a chance and pushing him out, but if that’s where he is staying your not gonna kill him if you don’t get up there.

3. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    My tag was filled with a 3 pointer...lol..

blueridge42 likes this.
  4. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    Im. One of those guys that don't care about size..not too much
    Guess he can wait until next year...

blueridge42 likes this.
  5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Heck no!! He’s not going to run out of the country because he saw a human. It’s the rut and he may or may not be around but it has nothing to do with him seeing you. If he’s around you have a chance. If he’s not no harm. Go hunt.

6. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    I got a 3 pointer....so that's that ..my uncle does not allow anyone else to hunt, and he does not like. Does being taken...period... So I guess I will lay off the top for the foreseeable future..(2 months)...but I have come to the conclusion that by me not hunting October bow.....I'm missing the mark big-time...

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Do you have a cousin named deerhunter24?

8. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county

9. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    You filled you Buck tag I would stay out. I wouldn't walk 3 hours for a Doe.

10. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    Hell if
    I agree...hell son if I want a doe, I'll open my camper door and shoot one, lol, but I'm not a selfish man...one buck is plenty for me..if I run out ...i run out, I don't like shooting does this time of year on account of you don't know which ones are pregnant...and to me shooting a doe that could be pregnant is a no no...

11. Ilovetohunt

Ilovetohunt Fawn

Nov 13, 2019
    Logan county
    Hell I wish I had a four wheeler..would make getting around these mountains easier

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I hadn’t seen that you already killed a buck. Doesn’t really matter then. I wouldn’t walk that far for a doe. You may want to not be so trigger happy next year knowing you have a big one.But you say your uncle will not let you shoot does and your buck tag was filled... why were you even up there again?

13. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    You do realize that a doe that will get pregnant, getting killed in October is no different than same doe that is pregnant in November and gets killed. You have terminated the same number of potential fawns. Dead’s dead. She ain’t having no more babies.

MoMan, barney, mac0492 and 2 others like this.
  14. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Yeah I’m wondering why you was up there then as well.

CRFmxracer and EdLongshanks like this.
  15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

muddhunter likes this.