Rifle scope

Genesis 27:3

10 pointer
Oct 13, 2018
Christain county
I read countless reviews this morning on the Internet that gave me confidence. Then a little bit ago I got back on this forum and searched keyword Vortex scopes to see what everyone’s opinion on here has been through the years and I really feel like I made the right decision on the Vortex. Might be a little overkill but with my shooting skill I don’t mind having a higher magnification I’m happy on my purchase
My brother has a couple vortex scopes.he has been very pleased with them for the quality,value and warranty.he dropped his gun and busted a lens.sent it to vortex.they sent a new one with no questions asked.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
That's a great price for a viper! I have a 3.5x10 I bought a few yrs ago in a deal about like that. Best scope I own, my only concern would be 6.5 might be a little to much for inside of 50 yrds.

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
BDC. I’ve honestly not been around a lot of better scopes and all the reticle options that are available so we’ll see how I like this. If I had everything my way I think I would’ve wanted just a standard crosshair that I could adjust elevation from the top turret. But I really don’t know diddly squat about shooting 300 yards or more

This whole gun/scope project just came up recently so I can spend time with my future father-in-law that used to re-load and shoot medium range with his 270 And 308 But he’s kind of been out of the game for a bit and thought it be fun to start back again so I had to get something to work with and stay on a budget
I went with the BDC too. Went back and forth because I'm not a fan of the circle bdc dots that most seem to have. Not sure why, just picky about that. Looks like this one has hash marks instead of circles.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
I went with the BDC too. Went back and forth because I'm not a fan of the circle bdc dots that most seem to have. Not sure why, just picky about that. Looks like this one has hash marks instead of circles.
Good luck. Just got a email those jackasses just canceled my fuc&$$ing order, called up to the Lexington location they have one in mill dot for that price but the bdc retical is still like 500 bucks. I can’t wait till tomorrow morning and get a hold of those corporate morons because I still have $264 floating around somewhere... Not Happy

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
Good luck. Just got a email those jackasses just canceled my fuc&$$ing order, called up to the Lexington location they have one in mill dot for that price but the bdc retical is still like 500 bucks. I can’t wait till tomorrow morning and get a hold of those corporate morons because I still have $264 floating around somewhere... Not Happy
Uh oh. Did you order for delivery or in store pickup?

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Got mine mounted last Sunday but put it on an aluminum rail......, I really love this scope. we will see what happens I’ve heard both sides As far as the aluminum rail goes

Ataulbe1

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2017
Estill County
Got mine mounted last Sunday but put it on an aluminum rail......, I really love this scope. we will see what happens I’ve heard both sides As far as the aluminum rail goes
I replaced my rails with one piece Talley scope mounts. But the rails I took off were aluminum. They had been on there alot of years and never had any issue with them.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
go with Leupold or Burris or make the jump to the really dollar scopes.

what's your "pricey" range?

also, i would stick with matte. i have two silver scopes and while they look good and match the rifle (and pistol), too bright when the sun hits it. if you're set on a silver one, i have a silver leupold VX3 i'm replacing on a rifle, $300.

Hey Greg. Still have this silver scope?

bluegrassDan

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2008
I always recommend using steel rails. I have had so many actions come through the shop that are not true or concentric that when you tighten the screws on an aluminum rail, they twist or bend, which is not a good way to start trying for an accurate rifle. The weight you save is not worth the issues. The best way to make sure everything fits right is to bed your rails to the action with epoxy bedding compound. Get everything level and plumb, tighten the screws enough to hold the rail securely and let it cure. As many have already stated- with optics, you get what you pay for. You can cry once and get a good one or keep replacing the junk and spend as much or more than you would have.

Latest posts