Rifle scope

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
go with Leupold or Burris or make the jump to the really dollar scopes.

what's your "pricey" range?

also, i would stick with matte. i have two silver scopes and while they look good and match the rifle (and pistol), too bright when the sun hits it. if you're set on a silver one, i have a silver leupold VX3 i'm replacing on a rifle, $300.

jblack1

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2005
The END!!!!
Nikon Buckmasters II 4x12x40 BDC plus Weaver Rings $133 Amazon Prime.
I had a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9x40 BDC, it was lacking what I wanted, but I do think the Nikon 4-12x40 would've suited my wants/needs.
When I'm shooting, I like a very small dot to aim at, my eyes ain't what they use to be, so more magnification works for me,
Some people are satisfied with softball size groups,
I aim small, I like dime size groups,
some may argue that more magnification don't help, but it sure does with me.
I've had my son shooting nail heads for practice.

Last edited:

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
How much do you want to spend?

I have had Leupold on all my rifles.

Can't go wrong with Burris, Nikon, or the American made Red fields.

You really do get what you pay for in a scope. I normally spend no less then $250 on a scope.

Genesis 27:3

10 pointer
Oct 13, 2018
Christain county

You really do get what you pay for in a scope. I normally spend no less then $250 on a scope.
I have all those on guns.I have heard so much about vortex that I was wanting to buy one for my model 7 I bought.my brother has a couple vortex and really likes them for the quality and price.he sent one back after he dropped his gun and broke a lens.sent him a new scope no questions asked.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012

Leupold makes Redfield. I agree a good scope is important but there are plenty of good scopes out there you don’t have to pay a fortune for. Cheap scopes nowadays have better glass in them than expensive scopes 20 years ago.

Latest posts