Rex Chapman arrested for theft

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 120+, Sep 23, 2014.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

2. FranciscoJ

FranciscoJ 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    No matter how much money you throw at a lowlife, they are still a lowlife. Mishandle your money, and this is what you end up with...

3. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    Doing that once takes balls. Doing that seven times takes a special kind of stupid.

I actually know somebody who pulled a similar scam at Wal-Mart. He printed his own bar code and would tape it over an expensive item, would go through the self checkout and pay the small amount. Did the same thing like 6-7 times and finally got caught. There are cameras in the self checkout machines if you weren't aware of it.

4. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Is he just broke and unemployed or is he a druggie?

5. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    I have a picture of me, him, and Kenny Walker together, used to go to his basketball camps.

6. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I would edit your first sentence to say "doing it once takes a thief." Nothing courageous or brave about being a thief under the circumstances he was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County

When "King" Rex was in high school and in college he ran with a crowd that let's just say had less than ideal morals. I wonder if it didn't influence his thinking, and would cause him to do something stupid like this. On the other hand, perhaps he spent all his money and is broke. You never know about people.

8. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    His tweets and such have been kinda out there for the last few years

9. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    him and ricthie.......rekon ol crablegs could play hoops if they ever get him framed up?

10. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    Ya know, the more I think about it, you're right. Maybe there is something going on that we don't know about.

11. Rodeo man

Rodeo man 8 pointer

Aug 31, 2011
    Maybe Richie and Rex can be cellies. Maybe even play some pick up games with all their new found friends.

12. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005

One of the celebrity sites is reporting his 2014 net worth as $169,145,145. Kind of surprising if true, I have no way of verifying, but that's up into the range that James Hetfield is worth.

Here's his house, although nothing amazing comparatively, it's not exactly shabby: http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/rex-chapman.php

So, he's probably not broke. Some people just do this crap for the thrill of it, kind of an addiction issue. A well known celebrity in his home town ripping off the same high profile store seven times has nothing to do with being broke. I mean, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me seven times, and one of us is going to prison.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  13. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    His net worth (surprisingly low for a once famous athlete) and his monthly income are unrelated. He may not be able to pay the electric bill and is stealing to do that. Or he may be a heroin junkie. He might have 2 or 3 baby mommas sueing him for support.

I dont' keep up with these people. How many years did he play? Did he do some TV commentating at some point?

14. corndogggy

corndogggy 12 pointer

Jul 20, 2005
    He ought to be smart enough to know not to rip off the same place over and over. and over. and over. All in the same way.

15. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

He's a "Former College Athlete", that right there and "He ought to be smart enough....." tells the story. Most that are playing on a Scholarship take Bunny Classes (if they even attend) and can't add 2 + 2 - 4 = 0. Most of these guys loose their money pretty quick once they get it. Just ask Richie. :highly_amused: