Retirement Ideas?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by TripleGee, Jan 17, 2020.

1. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 10 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky

bigredhunter likes this.
  2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Triplegee,
    Hope the knee surgeries go well..
    Find young girlfriend in mid 30s to early 40s.
    That likes the outdoors an drink margarita s.
    She must like to sunbathe an let you rub on the tanning oil an lotion.
    Make a young feller out of you real quick.

TripleGee, Drahts, bondhu and 3 others like this.
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I had double knee surgery July 16 of last yr, it was hard expesually with my wife being in a electric wheel chair!
    I was back to work full time in 3 months it's not for everyone but if I had to do it again I would.

Drahts and HuntressOfLight like this.
  4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 10 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    That must have been rough for both of you, but I am glad it was successful. I think it is extremely important to follow through with doctor's orders. My father's problem may have been that he failed to rest after the initial surgery.

Tis simply his general disposition coupled with his military training, but he developed a site wound infection during either the first or second surgery, which worked its way into his bloodstream, prior to telling me about his need for assistance (teach him to not be a stubborn ole bird, you would think, but no Sir...). Hopefully the new orthopedic surgeon can offer something other than yet another surgery, at this point. TripleGee needs to take the surgical risks seriously and be prepared for all potential outcomes, while maintaining a positive attitude.

I do earnestly believe that TripleGee will heal more comfortably and quicker in Florida. A former Olympic Sports doctor helped me with an ankle/heel injury a few years back (hurricane surf can be vicious). He was the one having explained the benefits of hydrotherapy to me, in great detail. My ankle has perfectly healed, no surgery required.

5. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Fawn

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    the reason for me relocating to KY is to slow down a tad but of course not stop. I want 4 seasons with less humid summers. Love the areas in KY. Ill be 50 in May, so Im 15-17 yrs away from retirement but Im setting it up w the move. Im a Physical Therapist so its not like Im wearing my body out but it is mentally draining ...

6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You're 50, and you're 15-17 years away? You need to rethink things dude....

JR in KY likes this.
  7. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Fawn

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    i figure most ppl retire 65-67 ish. and I'm 49 please don't rush things.:) lol... plus my youngest of 4 is 9yo...what would be some advice Im always open to take in info..

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m 46 with a 6 year old. I may not have a rich retirement but I’ll work no longer than 55 and hopefully be done before that. Now, I may take on some work that I want or choose to do part-time.

9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    .....and is independently wealthy.

TripleGee, Drahts, carnivore and 3 others like this.
  10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Invest well, retire younger.... Invest every thing you can now.... Your youngest will be 19 in 10 years, and out of your hair... Enjoy life while your health will allow... Good luck.

11. Duckwisperer

Duckwisperer Fawn

Jan 11, 2020
    Arkansas
    i agree still puts me at 59 and i do have some invested

12. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I always intended to retire at 60... Our house won't be paid off until I'm 62. Once it's paid off, I'm done. If insurance wasn't so dang expensive, we could retire at 60.

xbokilla and Duckwisperer like this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’ll probably still have a few years on my house. I’d love to buy another house with land, get out of town a bit, but I don’t want to be making massive payments on a fixed retirement income. My hope is for everyone on here to have a lot of healthy and happy golden years!

TripleGee, Southpaw and Duckwisperer like this.
  14. I am 63 and plan to retire at 67. No hurry. My boss lives in another state and does not bother me much as long as I am doing my part. I see him once a month when he comes to town and buys me dinner and we talk about whatever. As long as that gig is going I am not in a hurry to retire. But, I do have a plan. Bought a Cabin on Cave Run Lake, and added a sunroom onto it and a 3 car garage in the pines out back. Plan to play with old cars and motorcycles and hunt and fly fish as much as I am able. I like East Tenn but it is not home. My location puts me right in the middle of my kids and grandkids locations. I have thousands of acres in the Daniel Boone National Forrest that is only lightly hunted and on week days is not hunted at all for the most part. Might purchase some private land in Bath or Fleming Co. Would like to have about 50 acres of woodland within 30min of home as a hunting alternative to public lands. Wife and I like to travel and plan to go to scenic places and fish, hunt, eat our way home. Neither of us like the beaches. Mountains, Desert, River valleys are all nice.

rockhousehunter likes this.
  15. zone1

zone1 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2011
    First thing to do on retirement is to rent a motor home or camper and travel. See all the places you have wanted to see with no time table. You will be in your best health and able to enjoy a lifetime experience. Take your time with relocation and make sure of your move. Good luck.