Remington SP-10

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by KYBOB, Jan 17, 2015.

1. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    Anybody on the forum using one??

BoB

2. KyMike

KyMike Spike

Aug 21, 2013
    Currently have a BPS 10 but planning on getting one by next season for a dedicated goose gun. Buddies in IL have them a and afterh hunting with them the decision was made.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I had for yrs great gun mine was a 26" couple buddys had 30" i liked mine better they are so heavy that the long barrel is not needed IMO they swing fast and continue to even if you stop your swing! That wad what i liked the best about them i never shot behind anything. I sold it because i got a 3 1/2 in 12 and shells were hit or miss around here. Rhino extra full ported choke with 1s or bb would really knock stuff down way out there.

4. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Yep, I have one. 30" barrel, Kick's High Flyer choke, wetlands camo. If you're interested, I could be persuaded to let it go for the right price. Have ammo, too.

5. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    Thanks for the responses, I bought mine just after they came out. Plus we had to use steel, and I wanted to offset the lower pellet count ( bumping up in shot size ) by using a bigger payload. Anyway, do you do your own maintenance?
    I believe I need to replace the bolt buffer. Have you done it, or know of anybody who has? I've read up on how to , but would like talk to someone who has done it.
    Thanks in advance.

BoB

6. duxsrus

duxsrus Fawn

Aug 27, 2010

You're in bad shape if you need an SP10 bolt buffer. You're among legions of royally ticked off people if so. When Remington discontinued the SP10 they conveniently discontinued making some parts for it with the most common failure, the bolt buffer, being one of them. Stock of bolt buffers at online retailers immediately vanished. I've only seen a couple ever go for sale on the gun broker site. You may want to check out DHC and find the thread "Shame on Remington" for more info on this topic and the efforts of individuals to reproduce this part for sale. I had to replace mine a couple years ago so I lucked out and got one when they were readily available but sure wish I had a spare at this point. As far as replacing it, it's not too hard to do. I would probably order the Firing Pin Retaining Pin if I was going to replace mine again. I managed not to damage mine and re-used it but it could have easily been dorked up and not been reusable. Good luck.

7. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    Thanks for the heads up, did you change yours out yourself?

BoB

8. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    If you're in need of parts, check out Nummrich's website. They have a lot of stuff.

9. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    Thanks for the help. I did check Numrich, out of stock. Also checked Brownells and Midway. Both out ( discontinued )
    I did find a new factory one on GunBroker for a buy now 105.00 bucks!
    Mine has one of the two " ears " that is broke off. But other wise in good condition. It's not cracked or mashed from hitting the receiver.
    I have read where a few people are making them. Mine is in plenty good enough shape to use as a pattern. I may try to make one. I'll only be out my time.
    By the way , are any of you all on DHC forum? I've been chasing ducks for a number of years, and thinking of joining.
    Thanks again

BoB

10. KyMike

KyMike Spike

Aug 21, 2013
    Good luck to you Bob. I'm on there and a bunch of others.

11. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.

Hey Dan , good to hear from you again. I didn't know you had one. Mine has the 30" barrel and I like the build in follow through.
    I'll holler at ya in the varmint section

BoB

12. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    Thanks Mike, I'm in South Central, ( Barren co ) hunt mostly Barren.

BoB

13. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Im on DHC also. Mainly use the dog subforum, the KY one stays dead. Venture out on the boat and shotgun subforums every now and then. I have seen the thread on there about your issue. I would be highly aggervated!

14. KYBOB

KYBOB 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2009
    Barren Co.
    I'll probably join it. I've read on there fairly often and just like most forums, most questions can be answered by reading. But, it would be nice to be able to see photos only avail to members. Kinda wanting to build a blind and the scissor type made out of EMT with netting might be a good way to go.

BoB

15. KyMike

KyMike Spike

Aug 21, 2013
    In BG and hunt Warren and Edmondson mostly.