Remington Pumps

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Thanks, i like mine, especially both being carbines, honestly, 200 yards , and in the woods, i still like the 700 , but this is a fun little gun to shoot and easy to manuever in a blind .yeah Benoits some good trackers, Both Larry and Lane have passed away, Remington made some , Larry Benoit , editions, those things are worth a fortune Hal Blood another well known tracker in Maine uses them.. This little blind is about the only way i can hunt anymore, works good but a little shy on room in it.

Attached Files:

2. Stevens

Stevens Fawn

Aug 3, 2016
    looks like a nice spot to sit. could definitely think of worse set ups. do you have a shot of your view from the stand?

3. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    No, i can try to take one, next time im in it, dont have anything but this phone for a camera tho . Its 200 yards straight in front of me to the woods, stand is kinda on a little hill, field probably about 175 or so wide, has a good stand of clover, on some of it, some of it has fairly tall grass with some broom sage in it, its pretty thick with some strips bush hogged thru it. I can shoot anywhere in it tho, for the most part, i been putting corn at 125, but i put some out the other day at 50, im facing the west, and its almost always hitting me in the face. I havent had a deer smell there in 3 years, and had some close. I got a bunch of those old does, no telling how old, we never shoot them, they are the ones that take a bite and then look around about 5 minutes , all time they are there. Hunted here all my life, used to hunt on the woods more tho. I just get to hurting bad and have to move all the time. and cant walk to do no good .So its pretty much this blind, its only 10 ft but as i said up above the field, i brushed it really good the first year, but the last 2 i just put it up like this. Cant tell any difference, i guess the old does , get used to it even tho i take it down after season, and put it back up about a month before. The bucks are so crazy then running does around in the field, they dont pay anything any attention but them. I wish i had one of those real nice enclosed blinds , but not working anymore thats never gonna happen, if someone like me cant afford any better, it would be a real good set up for a youngster, thats ready to do it own their own.

4. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    I have wanted one for years just always something i want a little more. I will have one a some point!

Grago likes this.
  5. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
  6. INKYHUNTER

INKYHUNTER Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Bowling Green, KY, USA.
    My wife gave me a 7600 in 1989 for our 25 wedding anniversary. It has a wood stock and looks like new, it has taken deer most every year. Love the gun and still love the gal that gave it to me.

bowhunter269, jblack1 and Grago like this.
  7. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Sounds like you got a good combination there InkyHunter...