Remember when we traded our cars for a new one?

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
And were surprised at the high prices we got for them? The "value" of them went up with the market the way it is. Now we are going to pay for that.

Remember each year we pay taxes on our autos we use every day and every year the autos are a year older so their "value" comes down a little. Well, this year might see the end of that. Since the "value" of the used autos has gone up the year taxes we pay on them will go up too. Some autos and trucks saw their "value" go up as much as 40%, the taxes will follow.

A friend send me this copy, I'll let you read it.

271469016_10220765953434383_8682169115118495390_n.jpg

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Just write a check and say thank you when they hand you the new sticker. Nothing else can be done about it. Nothing will change the extra money will be waisted. Instead or improving poor roads the extra money will probably be redirected to handouts.

The thing that burns me more is the automatic per gallon tax increase every few years thats written into KY tax code when the price stays above a set point.

keith meador

Got the Spotted Fever
Sep 18, 2003
Grindstone Branch, KY, USA.
When the automobile industry finally rights itself, are the used vehicle prices going to remain strong? Will gubbment correct the used vehicle prices when new (and grossly overpriced) vehicles become available? I suspect that when the automotive industry straightens out that the used vehicle you trade in is going to be valued by the dealers right back where the prices should be. You can expect to take a beating.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
When the automobile industry finally rights itself, are the used vehicle prices going to remain strong? Will gubbment correct the used vehicle prices when new (and grossly overpriced) vehicles become available? I suspect that when the automotive industry straightens out that the used vehicle you trade in is going to be valued by the dealers right back where the prices should be. You can expect to take a beating.
I’m not sure they will be worth anything if the communist decree of all electric vehicles actually sees fruition