Remember the Southern Ohio Giant?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Gun7alk, May 13, 2014.

1. Gun7alk

Gun7alk 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    Remember the giant buck from ArcheryTalk? I'm sure some of you kept up with it, here's the original thread from here http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/foru...monster-walking&highlight=Southern+ohio+giant

Causing quite a bit of a stir over there now. One of the guys that was supposedly hunting it turned out to be a complete liar and passing his giant high fence deer off as free range. Amazing what some people will do for fame.

Just internet drama really but it makes for a pretty entertaining read.

2. BP1992

BP1992 Banned

Dec 31, 2010
    Turns out that Ohiobooners has killed all his big deer behind a fence and has even bought a couple replicas and claimed them as his own. He's getting flamed on AT!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    I can't follow...who's the bad guy now booners? dean? The other hunter that had trail cam pics???? What a mess!

4. Gun7alk

Gun7alk 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    OhioBooners is the fraud. The original guy who created the first thread still claims the buck is 100% free range and still alive today as far as he knows. OB claimed he knew where the deer was and had been following him for years. When in reality he was probably no where near the buck and just wanted to get in on the story and get more praise.

OB made numerous threads over the years there showing off his "free range" Ohio booners, which are probably all bought mounts or pen raised deer. Also an elk that he claimed was a Ky bull that he got drawn for. Became a celebrity there for it, now it's all coming out that he's a fraud. It's so ridiculous that it makes it pretty comical to me. Guy would have to have a few screws missing to come up with big elaborate stories about these hunts that never even took place or were inside a pen on a deer ranch. He even made a thread about a trophy doe that he killed, and claimed it to be 16 years old lol

5. LungBlood

LungBlood 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2010
    Florence
    The things people will do to kill a big buck or try to kill a big or make people think they have killed big bucks are just embarrassing. Guys like ohiobooners are ruining the sport!

6. bowhuntinslife

bowhuntinslife 8 pointer

Aug 19, 2004
    B.G., Ky.
    From what i read...yes i read most of it till AT shut down for maint lol.....the deer is real as two legit hunters have verified it but OB is as fake as they come.....long story short two of his "booners" are bought replicas and the other was high fence. Now thatll save yall 3 hrs of your life lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    O.b.

I saw this on AT the funny thing was OB was posting on the Marc Anthony thread . Mr. Anthony got accused of buying big rack's and making them his . Mounting them on deer some way and taking pic's he is a taxidermist. Mr. Anthony pulled his facebook page and cancelled all his hunting seminars. OB was giving his thoughts as to why a guy would do this, faking killing big buck's and got caught in a snare himself. Classic to say the least.

8. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Finally, they caught them both. I ALWAYS knew it, but just didn't want to say it.

For years, I've had to listen to all the fanboys on this site preen and fawn over them both: "Wow, that buck's a stud, Bhicks"; "Awesome harvest, Rils".

Day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year, I had to keep my mouth shut as people ignored my trail cam pictures of awesome, free range bucks that may not have been the biggest at 115" but certainly good deer nonetheless. Nope, instead they'd scamper over to post congratulatory comments on Rils and Bhicks' threads and treat them like they were royalty or something. It sickened me, but I'm a top-shelf Christian so I kept what I always knew to be true to myself.

Now, we all find out it was an elaborate hoax, and that all those bucks were fakes. Shaking head. :( :(

Wait. . . .when you started this thread, the whole point was to inform us that Archery Talk's ohiobooner=bhicks and that Marc Anthony=Rils7252, right?????

9. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    . . . .or is the "bad" guy here the dude that shot "Ol' Brows" last year???? Mammothcavehunter perhaps???

10. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Well thanks for clearing that up....seriously.

Guess those 2 frauds ought to just cancel their membership to this site as well as the others.

Remember that thread months ago describing what's wrong with deer hunting nowadays? This is it. Just look at what people do in the name of antler worship.

11. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    I thought it was that twitch guy that gets to hunt over corn on Knox.....:beer::D

12. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I woke up last night and couldn't go back to sleep. I grabbed my phone just to see if there was anything new on the forum when I first saw this thread. That led me over to Archery Talk to that thread and related threads.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I found the whole thing riveting. It was, by far, the most drama I've ever encountered by grown (non-gay) men.

I was a little shell-shocked at the extent and pervasiveness of the lies by the ohiobooner cat. He said all the right things - "They're just deer.". . . "Much more important to prioritize family over hunting". Hell, he even chastized a couple of other hunters in the past for doing the EXACT same thing he was caught doing. He lambasted them for getting caught up in "antler madness" and losing sight of the big picture.

His Ohio Monster thread was over 100 pages long. He had dudes lined up to be his fanboys. When he got called out by one of the guys (who coincidentally had apparently done some shady stuff before and got caught), his fanboys went berserk. They had his back by calling him the "classiest" guy on AT, and lobbied to ban the guy that called him out. They were drinking ALL that Kool-Aid even though, shortly after being demanded to come clean, ohiobooner instead eliminated his AT and Facebook accounts, changed his phone number and basically ran away. They attributed those head-scratching actions to ohiobooner simply being a "good guy" who didn't need the hatred spewed by internet haters.

You could almost see heads exploding when a few of the guys started posting up proof. The Ohio Giant deer was actually behind a high fence, and it turns out that most (if not all) of ohiobooner's big bucks were high fence deer.

Internet drama at its finest. And I read that crap for nearly 2 hours before sleep finally overtook me.

13. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    I'm not a fan boy and I never read a post made by O.B. on here or at. I don't thank, I was wondering who Marc Anthony was. But like you I got sucked into the drama. It was as if you could see it happening to him. The running down of one guy and then the table turns on him. I have to say it was the most riveting thing I have ever read on AT.

14. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Its like the hunting " lifetime" channel lol

15. Xcal1ber

Xcal1ber 12 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Couple ridges over
    Wow it took me 3 hours to read that lol. That is some wild stuff right there. I remember seeing a lot of OhioBooners posts on AT. Whats crazy is that he was caught in such a huge lie that he has been building for years and years, that when he got caught, he disappeared. Deleted his Archerytalk name, deleted his FaceBook, and even changed his phone number. What a damn tool bag that guy was.