Regulations

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by muddy chicken, Nov 17, 2008.

1. muddy chicken

muddy chicken Fawn

Oct 24, 2008
    View attachment 9150 Hey guys, saw a doe come out every morning for 3 days held off hoping the old grizzly 12 point was following finally today I decided since I didnt have anything in the freezer( and having a slight hangover) I would take the doe since I had a free day to cut up meat. she popped her head out about 7a.m. I looked thru the scope, no horns pulled the trigger and she dropped, a perfect shot she didnt take a step. I sat in the stand for 10 mins to settle down( a 100 pnd. doe still shakes me up) climbed down and walked over hey this chick has a Dic****. And my season is pretty much over I love to hunt and this is at least the third or forth time Ive shot a spike or button on mistake. My bad I guess I should have looked harder for horns but its hard to see those spindly little spikes at 125 yds. I guess Ill be out trying to shoot a yote over the gut pile this afternoon.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    Yep that has to suck bad.... Sorry for you man

3. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    So his pic does not have antlers???

4. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    HA!!!

Love it!!

I'll remember that one next time!

5. GraysonCountyHunter

GraysonCountyHunter Banned

Nov 12, 2008
    It is not the first time for many, however if this is not the first time it has happened---may consider a higher powered scope and a little more time being taken. Currently we hunt with our kids and have them to watch closely---we carry binos to help. Not saying it won't happen but it helps to minimize this.

p.s. not having a hangover helps too!!!

6. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    You should always make sure what is in the background of the shot also.

7. Suthrn2k8

Suthrn2k8 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2008
    Shelby Co. Ky.
    Thats hilarious!!

Congrats on a good shot but i will have to agree with Grayson Co. Hunter on his points. A good pair of binos can go a long way and patience will take you even further. At least your honest about your hunt and arent just burning another persons tag (wifes) as a whole bunch of idiots do every season! Congrats and I commend you on your honesty to yourself and the game you are pursuing. [​IMG]

8. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I am hoping that you just didn't look at the picture and thought he was talking about a button buck when you made this statement.

Life isn't over. At 125 yards you should have been able to see horns. Even those through a scope, unless you were in a hurry to pull the trigger. Either way no harm is done. You have fresh deer meat. There will be thousands of hunters in the state that won't be able to say that at the end of the year.

9. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    Deleted my post on accident!
    Here is an example that I saw on Telecheck.
    I thought he thought it was a doe.....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  10. Suthrn2k8

Suthrn2k8 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2008
    Shelby Co. Ky.
    Think he was just kidding there Naturelite...

11. muzzy125acc

muzzy125acc 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2002
    PULASKI CO..
    People needs to be fair with telecheck though:mad:

12. Suthrn2k8

Suthrn2k8 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2008
    Shelby Co. Ky.
    My bad... I took it as a joking remark.

13. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    Yeah they are a little touchy around here when the RUT is in full SWING!!

14. muddy chicken

muddy chicken Fawn

Oct 24, 2008
    yeah I probally would have looked harder if I hadnt watched te same doe come in at the same time and the exact same place for 3 morninins in a row, on a good note backstrap and biscuits

15. CoalPit

CoalPit Fawn

Nov 17, 2008
    Still a deer & good eating. Old buck meat requires a lot of tenderizing and the glory of a big buck meat ends right before it hits the table. Take a little more time next time, I have done the same. I hope it doesn't happen to me.