Reelfoot Lake hunt - New Years Eve

redlickranch

10 pointer
Dec 11, 2007
Bullitt County
Spent last two days at Reelfoot lake hunting ducks. Worst two days I have hunted as far as birds flying or just being there. We had no birds even fly after 11 am. Weather on first day was rain and second day cold with cloudy skies. We had hoped the snow up North would push some down our way. Typically we see a ton more birds this time of year. Buddy said after 10 am the year it gets super slow. Anyone else having luck in the area of Reelfoot? I'm going back in 3 weeks so hopefully it gets better.

GroundPound

6 pointer
Dec 21, 2010
Swamp Gulch
Have never duck hunted down there but have fished 4-5 times. The blinds out in the lake look really cool. Was this your first time down there or have you went in the past and smashed them?

littleboots

6 pointer
Sep 24, 2008
We hunted same time period @15 miles south of you Killed 27 one day in rain only 7 next half day. Unusual saw few birds first day til rain started. Saw a lot of movement 2nd day Think birds went to new water brought on by rain

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Friends I know were hunting in the lake itself and killed limits one day and half limit the next in week after Xmas for two days . Have heard from another source some multi blind limits (a lot of blinds limited) occurred one of the days after Xmas on a big flight day. Then a big rain front came in and flooded a lotto low bottoms in the general with 75 mile diameter of the lake and birds spread out everywhere and off the lake to some extent.

Last edited:

Latest posts