Reds traded Todd Frazier

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by KYBOY, Dec 17, 2015.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
  2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I told everyone in town that the Joey Votto contract would be an anchor that slowly sank the Reds. The team simply can't afford to pay one player that much. The Frazier trade is a perfect example of what they are going to have to do because of it.

No one wanted to believe me until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Oh, I believed it..I knew that contract was trouble a long time ago..The Reds don't have pockets that deep..

4. Bullfries

Bullfries 8 pointer

Jan 10, 2008
    my double bull
    I think bailey is the one that sank the ship...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    If the Reds had won a World Series in the last 3 years...it might have made sense. As it turns out, it remains one of the worst contracts in MLB history.

Homer bailey's contract is bad, but not nearly as detrimental as Joey Votto's.

6. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I think Votto's contract was worse because it led to the Phillips and Bailey contracts.

I'll give Jocketty credit, he went for the WS with those contracts, and it just didn't work out. Maybe if Dusty Baker wasn't the manager, but it was never going to happen with him.....ever.

7. cfd266

cfd266 8 pointer

Nov 29, 2003
    Evans Family Farm
    I know its just business, but I am not real happy with the Reds organization because of the Frazier trade. Frazier was always smiling and appeared to give 100% in every game. Votto and Phillips both stay injured and just don't produce like they should. I don't follow the Reds very close, but I go to a few games each year and watch them quite often on TV. I don't plan to pay for another ticket anytime soon. I realize that signing the deals with Votto, Phillips, etc. was an attempt at a run for the World Series, but until they can beat either the Cardinals or Pirates they aren't going anywhere. It takes a well rounded team and manager, not just a few "studs". Pay attention to each player that gets traded from the Reds, they will have their best seasons ahead of them, Queto, Encarnacion, etc. Good luck to Todd Frazier!!!

8. littleboots

littleboots 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2008
    Phillips is on the trading block also

9. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Hey, ya'll lower your standards and come on over to the Cubs fan base. We number about 50 or so!

10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    As a Reds fan, I wish they were in the position the Cubs are. The Cubs are going to be good for a while.

11. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Don't know what you're talking about, but Reds fans would have to at least triple their standards to be half as good as the Cubs fans. Don't believe me? Check out the attendance records from the last decade.