RED FLAG LAWS!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by davers, Oct 26, 2019.

1. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Red Flagging someone you consider dangerous may have well meaning intentions, but can have bad consequences if law enforcement over reacts to a potential danger to society.

It was 5:17 in morning.

Before the sun was up, armed men and women were gathered outside the door of a surburban home.

When they pounded on the door, shouting for the homeowner to open up, they didn't care how early it was.

They were there for one reason:

To confiscate all the guns inside.

And what neither the cops nor the man woken up out of a sound sleep understood was...

Your Neighbors, Friends, & Family Will RED FLAG YOU... And You'll HELP Them Do It!

61-year-old Gary J. Willis of Maryland didn't want to give up his legally purchased, legally owned guns.

He had committed no crime.

His weapons weren't illegal.

But Willis was "red flagged" - tagged as guilty until proven innocent because somebody he knew thought he might be unsafe with a firearm.

It could have been anyone.

His friends, his family, his coworkers... even people on social media might have "blown in" Willis' name to the authorities.

And when he answered his door just after 5 in the morning with a gun... it was all over for him.

That's the danger of "red flag" laws - but you probably don't think you "act dangerous," so that doesn't apply to you, right?

Think again, amigo!

Just recently it happened to Brandon Wagshol of Connecticut.

See, Brandon Wagshol had friends and relatives on social media who didn't share his views on guns.

(You know, just like we all do.)

That's why Brandon was arrested for sharing a meme!

"What I understand is that he didn't make any comments on Facebook, but there may have been other memes, as they call them, that he might have reposted," said Wagshol's lawyer.

If it can happen to a man just for sharing a meme, it can happen to any of us.

Red flag laws are becoming more and more common, and at the same time, police are starting to rely on information they get online about you to build "criminal profiles" of people who haven't committed crimes yet.

Those profiles try to predict, based on their own biases, just who the "bad people" are.

And you might be shocked to find out that includes YOU.

By our government's own official documents, it's U.S. citizens who...

· Believe strongly in the 2nd Amendment

· Are concerned with the direction of govt.

· Buy guns and ammunition

· Store survival food and other supplies

· Are Christian... military... or "conservative"

And that only scratches the surface of who they are looking to "red flag" as potential mass shooters and domestic terrorists!

Dark Cloud and Winchester94 like this.
  2. Any police officer who attempts to confiscate firearms from legal citizens who have committed no crime deserves a bullet right between the eyes. There I said, so what? It will take bloodshed to fix this.

Carl likes this.
  3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    They wont make it up my driveway regardless of the time of day.

Carl and drakeshooter like this.
  4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I suppose everyone on this website will be flagged, even a couple more liberal members.

It seems to be a small step on to a USSR type of state.
    You think it won't happen but the re education of the population is well on its way..
    WE just don't fit in anymore.

5. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I really doubt of any police officer will comply with the law IF it is enacted. They too would be affected.

drakeshooter and carnivore like this.
  6. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I see a great deal of abuse with this law, if it actually becomes law. I believe the majority of the voters do not want such a law giving the government control over our lives.

7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Shhhhhh that is exactly what might get you a visit from the po po..