Recommendations for Camping / Spare Bedroom Cot?

Discussion in 'Camping' started by redlickranch, Dec 5, 2020.

1. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Tired of buying air mattresses for guests or when camping and after a few outings they get holes and go flat. I was looking on Amazon for a few Cots. Something comfortable for adults that are 6' to 6.2' foot tall. Wider the better. Will be used at Deer Camp and for extra guests. Would rather have comfort over something super small and only 2 inches off ground.

After reading reviews they seem to be all over the place and some have issues that assembly is a real pain. Anyone use Cots and can recommend a brand?

Thanks in advance..

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Several nice ones at Cabelas, not sure what you’re willing to spend.

3. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I use one of those zero gravity chairs on my front porch . I use two arm pillows at night and sometimes I sleep out there all night when the weather is warm.
    The only problem is that you can't roll over but I sleep in a recliner anyway. My shoulders hurt if I lay on my sides.

TripleGee likes this.
  4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I got one from cabelas, for big boys. Like 400lb limit and wide. I put one of their 3" foam pads on it and it is very comfortable. Surprised me how good it is.
    "Cabelas big outdoorsman xl cot". 40" w x 85" L

TripleGee and xbokilla like this.
  5. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    I purchased the same one. As a cot, it's fine. But I don't expect a lot from a cot...

Feedman likes this.
  6. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    Thanks I'll Check out Cabela's

7. Brody

Brody 8 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    What about a hammock?

8. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    We used Bass Pro Shops oversized tent/cot from here to Homer , Alaska. Worked out the best

Feedman likes this.
  9. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    All of em ive had or helped with went together much smoother with 2 ppl. You can bounce a penny off it. They about all make an eery noise when you roll/move around much but overall pretty dang comfy with a thin inflatable pad. They're also good for a shin/kneecap bruise in tight spaces lol. I got the green cabelas xl model... it's got mice holes chewed in it but miraculously it still hasn't unraveled or affected it any.

10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Did you go see the Kilchers

bondhu likes this.
  11. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    No I was good , Didnt really know about them then. We where camped toward that Kachemak Bay. The locals at the Salty Dog Saloon (cool place to google) were telling us how rich they were and they owned most the land north side of the bay way before they were on television . At this I ask what TV show and they looked at me like an alien and said doesn't KY have TV?
    They went on to say they were rich even before Jewel made it big , at which point I perked up because well it was ..... Jewel. Everyone keep buying us drinks because we drove up there from Kentucky.

TripleGee likes this.
  12. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    How’d they make their money to become rich?

13. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Let me clarify a little by rich, not looking down their noses phony rich. It had something to do with all that land that was free to them for homesteading it back when. They get royalties from their land being used for mineral, timber , housing etc. From my understanding only part of the show is fluff. They do live like what they show , but its because they can afford to. The one girl told me I was only 17 miles from the main guys house. What shows I have seen they do pretty good camera work not to catch any of the city of Homer. Homer is no Lexington but its bigger than Maysville.

CRFmxracer likes this.
  14. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Those folks have to have some big money from something...they got as much heavy equipment as most county road departments.

TripleGee likes this.