Ready to Hang Up My Bow, Kinda

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Little FR, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Can’t wait to pick up a firearm this year.

it’s been a for lack of better words a poor producing season. I’ve tagged one turkey (walk and stalk ground hunting) and one doe (still hunting).

I’ve passed on everything in sight and had 5 encounters with my target buck inside of 50 yards and no clear ethical shots. Once at 7 yards!!! Sometimes close is too close.

I’m ready to take some new hunters out and live vicariously through their inexperienced eyes and try to recapture that joy and pride a small buck and a delicious doe should bring.

I’ve got my .50 cal blackpowder pistol warmed up (what I carried last year during modern gun) and I may break out a few 100yr old wartime relics, oh and my Ithaca 37 Deerslayer. She’s getting lonely.

I’ve hunted 4 days a week for 2 months straight, across thousands of acres. I’ve just hit a wall.

I got 5 tags left though. And I shall resume the frustration in a couple weeks.

Swampy207 and FF/EMT516 like this.
  2. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    7C673F77-63DC-4631-A080-371814939FB9.jpeg

He was laughing at me. Chilling by my truck when I walked out on other property ‍♂️ Absolute hoss kitten.

I’m headed to surprise my kiddo getting them from school. Then we’re going to Rural King to see what Ammo situation is. Buy two rounds for every one shot you take and you won’t run out.