Ready for the season !!!

Brown Dogs Matter

12 pointer
Jun 7, 2004
Louisville, KY.
That's y I didnt spring for camo when I bought mine that and at the time the only camo I could get was duckblind which makes me want to puke a little. Plus being black automatically makes it an assault shotgun which is cool.

Yeah, Remington's dip sucks. I had a VersaMax Sportsman in camo, gave it to my son when I bought a Versamax waterfowl pro. The old one was damn near white. My "new" one is only on it's 3rd season and is already fading.

Next time, I'm buying a Benelli. I've played with an M2 and it fits like a glove. Want one in 12 for ducks, and one in 20 for dove.

As far as being prepped for season, my son and I had a long list. Got it all done, including painting dekes...ugh. put bearing buddies on the decoy trailer, gonna drive it a few more miles to make sure everything is in place and lubed up right. Other than that, we be ready. Pup is ready, too. She gives me sad eyes every time I go out deer hunting, cause I leave her at home.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Decoys cleaned ready to go. Heater cleaned ready to go. Propane tank filled ready to go. Cooking stove ready. Coffee pot and coffee ready. All this going to blind tomorrow after church. Thursday morning IM READY.

Giveem3outdoors

12 pointer
Jan 18, 2009
ohio county ky
Think I finally got the motor lined out on my junk ran it a little this evening seemed to be doing fine. We will find out tommoro on the long haul. Got er all cleaned out and into duck mode. Now just need the ducks.

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
Yeah, Remington's dip sucks. I had a VersaMax Sportsman in camo, gave it to my son when I bought a Versamax waterfowl pro. The old one was damn near white. My "new" one is only on it's 3rd season and is already fading.

Next time, I'm buying a Benelli. I've played with an M2 and it fits like a glove. Want one in 12 for ducks, and one in 20 for dove.

As far as being prepped for season, my son and I had a long list. Got it all done, including painting dekes...ugh. put bearing buddies on the decoy trailer, gonna drive it a few more miles to make sure everything is in place and lubed up right. Other than that, we be ready. Pup is ready, too. She gives me sad eyes every time I go out deer hunting, cause I leave her at home.
I'd rather shoot my M2 20 over my SBE3. I love that gun.

It's funny though. I'm on countless Facebook groups and everyone wants a M2 20 but no one wants to pay what they are worth. I've had multiple guys try to buy mine at the dove field. Then when I tell them $1400 they look around like I'm crazy. Why sell it? Then I'll have to go buy another one.

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
Guess I wasn't as ready as I thought... Sweet thing "organized' my mess and I couldn't find my bungee straps??? My flip tops require two per side and not just any bungee will work. Not too strong and not too weak...

Then the battery died for good... Thank God Walmarks was still open!! Found new battery and the BG straps bought 8:30 last night.

Had to help a buddy out with shells (He also has the 11/87 borrowed). One of the shells jammed and we had to field strip to get the 3.5 inch shell out..... I confiscated it to shoot in the SBE... Then it refused to load in it...? Closer examination revealed that a 10 guage was mixed up in the loose 12s.. He had it stuffed over half way in the Rem before it jammed up hard!

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Before I came back to work got the first bunch of decoys I’m going to use ready and sittin in the boat. Diver decoys all rigged and ready, long lines coiled. Fullbodies and socks ready. Now just to get off the boat, get my hernia surgery over with and start huntin

B.M. Barrelcooker

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
Aintry,Ky
Before I came back to work got the first bunch of decoys I’m going to use ready and sittin in the boat. Diver decoys all rigged and ready, long lines coiled. Fullbodies and socks ready. Now just to get off the boat, get my hernia surgery over with and start huntin

Eeeek. If it’s like either one of my hernia surgeries you might want to take it easy.

Latest posts