Re-priming used Primers

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by JR in KY, Feb 22, 2021.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    [​IMG]

I have seen video of folks whittling the white tips off matches and peeling the powder off Caps for cap guns, but you can but This Stuff and mix it up and Go. Bag will do a couple thousand.
    IF this can be found in stock.
    I would do THIS before I would pay crazy prices on Gunbroker.

Lots of YouTube videos on it.

Dark Cloud and Carl like this.
  2. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    With a little practice,,I think I could make that stuff. KCI03, Sb2S3 and clear lacquer, I think, I would have to look up the formula to be sure. One time I had been mixing this stuff in my garage and put in a tiny piece in the ashtray, I had forgotten about . I had a small party in the garage. A girl flicked her cigarette ashes in the ashtray and POW lol. It blew all of the butts all over the garage and she was left with between her fingers was the filter . It didn't hurt her but everyone LTAO.:D:D:D. I never make that mistake again.o_O If it had been a piece the size of a match head, it would have been bad. I don't make any fun stuff now. You have to be alert,very careful and have a clear mind to play with stuff like this and I wouldn't attempt this now. I an too damold for this s^*t. :(
    You can make noncorrosive primers with lead styphnate, barium nitrate, antimony trisulfide, powdered aluminum and tetrazene.
    You can take the dent out of a spent primer with the right size flat punch and they look like new.

Dark Cloud and Trapper Delk like this.
  3. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Rural King used to have the strike anywhere matches with the white tips.