Rcgfr. . . . .

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by buckfever, Dec 10, 2011.

1. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I don't get it. Changing seasons or catching poachers. . . is that like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time? Impossible to do?

I 100% agree with you that poaching/trespassing is a BIG problem in Kentucky and threatens the future of hunting, but more than anything else, THAT's a KDFWR policy decision. The brass at KDFWR decided that they were going to short CO's and skimp on law enforcement across the state.

But that's a different discussion for another thread. :) (heh heh heh heh).

As for the threat of a "the harvest [being] cut in half", where is that coming from? I'd bet that the harvest wouldn't drop off more than 15% in the first year, and that 80% of that 15% drop-off would be bucks, so it would have little to no impact.

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Anybody think that now would be a good time to discuss moving the gun season out of the rut?

4. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I can't believe it is only 28 pages. I think I could get another 10 out of it before gun season.

5. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    You're apparently not a big dream guy the way I am. :)

6. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    Oh we used to be such a good team. Let's rally the band and see what we can do. :)

7. OUTBACK

OUTBACK 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2005
    W. KY
    I don't think we should change the dates for hunting I would be in favor for an "Earn a buck program". One has to shoot a doe first before a buck. I know there would be people who just call in and say they got a doe to get their confirmation number and cheat the system, but it will catch up with them eventually.
    I think they should try it just to see if it would decrease the doe numbers and actually work.

8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I think we can fix all our deer herd woes by placing one huge check-in station right in the middle of the state. Everyone has to present their deer within 24 hours of the kill. A big board of polaroids will be on display.
    From what I gather on this forum, that will eliminate poaching, the harvest count will be more accurate, and everyone will be happy, happy, happy.

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I'm not allowed. I'm already a member of "Firearms United, Bows Aren't Relevant".......or FUBAR if you like.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

11. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

I enjoy gun hunting during the rut, its my neighbors that are the problem. If I could just take their guns away...hmmm.

12. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Agreed. I'd love gun season too if KDFWR would just not let anybody else do it. :)

13. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

Yeah maybe we could have some criteria for gun tags to be issued. Mandatory herd management classes, field judging classes, iq tests, shooting skills, hunting etiquette etc...

14. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I'm forming the MOHWAGDR club. That's the Me Only Hunt with A Gun During the Rut club. Membership is very exclusive if anyone else wants to join. Basically, if you're not me, you can't join.

15. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    And I can hunt anywhere I want to of course. Or is that just UNDERSTOOD?