Rattlin'

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DEERMD, Nov 11, 2013.

1. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    Ok truth... How many have rattled in a buck?

2. Jpierce1

Jpierce1 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2011
    Paducah Ky
    Only one buck I can say came in specifically to the rattling, and not by coincidence. I've had others come in after rattling, but I cant say for sure that they wouldn't have come by on their own otherwise.

3. toxic

toxic 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2012
    J-TOWN (LOUISVILLE)
    Not a single one

4. Rut-n-Strut

Rut-n-Strut 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Owen County
    I've tried to rattle blind and not had much luck. I've tried it with deer around and they've either ignored it or ran off only to come back later on (does).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    have rattled in a few.

6. willy09

willy09 Banned

Oct 15, 2009
    One spike, I grunted at a decent 8 this Mornin and he jumped and ran like I shot at him

7. Thunder Head

Thunder Head 8 pointer

Ive rattled in probably 8-10. Only one shooter. I think you really have to catch one in the mood. Rattled in two 2.5 year old bucks one time. They got into a fight about 60 yards from me. After the loser limped off, the victor came in looking for more with blood running from his mouth.

8. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    A few over the years but none this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sbracken

sbracken 6 pointer

Nov 20, 2007
    In '07, I was in a tree in a creek bottom when 2 bucks ran a doe down through the field adjacent to creekbottom. When the commotion stopped, I did a little rattling and grunting one of the bucks ran back up the field into my crosshairs. Hes on my wall. Saturday, I saw a buck chasing does out in a field. When things settled down., I rattled lightly. At first he ignored me. I rattled more aggressely and through in a few light grunts and he turned and walked straight to me like a spring cobbler. When he came in the woods, he took the only route past my stand that didn't give a shot. Nice chocolate racked 9. Rattling cold . . . No luck. But it stands to reason that there are often bucks in one's vicinity that would be receptive to rattling whether they are on your radar or not

10. lcaktz

lcaktz 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2011
    Williamsburg, Ky
    I rattled once and a 5 pointer came strolling in 2 hours after I rattled. Coincidence!!! Maybe

11. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I've rattled in several. If you're not where you can see for a long way, you may have rattled in more than you know.....

12. Nocturnal_2012

Nocturnal_2012 6 pointer

Oct 23, 2011
    Laurel County
    No luck rattling here at all but its usually been from my stand and I only have 20 visible yards behind me before a steep ridgeline,and in front of my stand 25-30 yards than drops down into a steep gully.

13. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    Glad u asked. Yesterday evening I went over to a thicket down from a field where I know deer bed. I got up on a rock and said that I' ll try a little rattling and rattled kinda aggressively for about a minute. Within seconds I heard a deer running up the hill from the thicket at me. I said to myself you got to be kiddin. Got my gun up and got ready. Saw antlers and he walked over to within about 10 yards. I aimed and shot. However a branch was in my way and the bullet didn't hit the deer. At least I don think. I search for blood for 2 hours and followed is trail form200 yards. First time in my life I rattled a deer in. Can't believe I missed. It was pretty cool though.

14. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I rattled in two small bucks this weekend. Both came in at a trot on a string, spoiling for a fight.

15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Rattle around here and you might get shot at doing it.