rattlesnake re-introduction

Discussion in 'Fish & Wildlife Questions' started by oracle, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Feedman and HuntressOfLight like this.
  2. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Toss in a few mountain lion sightings, and you've got yourself some high end entertainment.

[​IMG]

HuntressOfLight and Feedman like this.
  3. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Usually these type posts ,comes after the hunting is done ,for the season

Capttrae and HuntressOfLight like this.
  4. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    The ones I seen dropped wasn't from a Blackhawk. But it was a lot of Snakes.
    [​IMG]

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Regardless of whatever was being dropped, that is a cool photograph. Off subject, directly upon arrival up here this time, a black helicopter was flying over the house here, hovering directly over the tree canopies, as I returned home one day. Needless to say, it disturbed me, and I immediately began to film it, being that it did not move away. I can even be heard telling the individual with me to run inside and grab my rifle.

I called the Sherriff's office, learning that they did not have one and were clueless. They requested the video, and I forwarded it. They remained clueless, and the black helicopter moved a few houses down, causing me to believe that it was probably filming.

I called the airport and requested the Tower. I made inquiry as to whether one had been cleared for take-off. He told me that it had been cleared, was working for the utility company checking underground lines (trees having grown too close, was my guess...potential root interferences), and that it would be in the county for one week. I called the Sherriff's office back and updated them, which they were grateful for, being that they would receive additional calls.

Point is, black helicopters, especially Blackhawks, can easily make people uncomfortable, which is the reason that I first posted within this thread.

6. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Not me I flew on them for 30 years. Started out in HUEYS. I was in a Helicopter unit along with Keith. Loved flying.

timer and HuntressOfLight like this.
  7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

They were looking for winter lightning bugs.

Why are you still here?

Brody likes this.
  8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I have never be in one off the ground, but would absolutely love to do so. That stated, I can land a little Cessna in an emergency, and had a B17 bomber pilot in the family (another colonel... I have all of his things, which are quite interesting, indeed).

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    My father requires my assistance.

10. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Around here...if you see a dark chopper hanging low and hovering...they just found a patch. Theyre done flying for the year here.

11. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    The DEA's got a chopper in the air
    I wake up screamin' like I'm back over there....

barney and HuntressOfLight like this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Thank you very much for serving. I am not much for country music and never have been, but I do listen to a rather eclectic mix of music and enjoy some of the very old folk music.

timer likes this.