quickfletch

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by HNTRJH, Jun 25, 2012.

1. HNTRJH

HNTRJH 6 pointer

Jun 28, 2010
    im needing to fletch some arrows. looking at buying some quick fletch's from nap. do they work, how do they hold up? just looking for opinions from someone who has experiance with them. thanks for any info.

2. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    Ive used them exclusively for about 3 years now. For me they have held up well even after a pass through on an animal. Not all have made it but the majority have. the only place Ive see any problem with them is if you grab ahold of the when pulling the from a target they can sometimes slip or if you twist while you pull can cause you to put a little helical twist to you vanes, but that doesn't necessarily hurt anything. Good news is if you do tear one up all you gotta do is take a razor knife and cut it off and shrink another back on and your ready to go! no glue or nothing so you can do it anywhere with no problem. all you need is hot water.

3. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    Used them last year for the first time. Shot two deer last year, both pass throughs, fletching still fine. Using same arrows this year to practice... no problems!!

4. TRAILMASTER

TRAILMASTER 8 pointer

Feb 12, 2004
    Nelson, Co.
    It's the only way to go, they fly great. I do put glue at both ends the shrink wrap all the way around the shaft. Kind of takes that straight egde off the shrink wrap. It sure does beat the tedious process of having to glue each individual feather and waiting for it to dry.

5. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    If you're into straight fletch, they're fine.

If you shoot helical, invest in a bitzenburger.

6. HNTRJH

HNTRJH 6 pointer

Jun 28, 2010
    [QUOT=BowOnly;2037190478]If you're into straight fletch, they're fine.

If you shoot helical, invest in a bitzenburger.[/QUOTE]

Whats the advantage of helical over straight and visa versa?

7. DJONES

DJONES 6 pointer

Jun 9, 2010
    Meade County, Kentucky
    I have been using them for acouple of years now and I like them. Never had any trouble even using a whisker bisut.

8. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    Helical spins the arrow for stability and creates drag to control your broadhead.

There is no real benefit to shooting straight fletch.

9. dxtsniper

dxtsniper 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2009
    Turn around!
    Have used them in the past for a quick fix. They aren't bad and shot the same as the factory fletched blazer vane arrows even with the little bit of extra weight. I will say I love my ezfletch 100times more and it's pretty nice to fletch my own and to be able to use any fletching I want and to be able to put helical and a 4 fletch on my arrows when I want.

10. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    I use them and love them. I think the model I use is the quick fletch st's. They have the kicker lip on the back edge that is supposed to spin the arrow like a helical. They shoot my stingers just fine.