Question

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Last year for Christmas someone got me two boxes of .270 Core Lokt 130gr and my gun is lined in with 150gr Core Lokts, to be accurate would I have to realign my gun with the new rounds?

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Last year for Christmas someone got me two boxes of .270 Core Lokt 130gr and my gun is lined in with 150gr Core Lokts, to be accurate would I have to realign my gun with the new rounds?
I’d shoot to find out mister. Ain’t nothing wrong with practice. Over distance I’d say it will definitely matter. Hell up close it might matter. Only one way to find out.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
If it were me and I had some 150 grains left. I would use them until I had a chance to re-zero. Chances are you might only burn 5 or so to dial it in.

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Yeah I’m gonna use the 150’s until I run out and may shoot a couple of the others just to see when I shoot it before modern gun. I’m not confident enough to shoot much past 100 anyway. My gun is a h&r single shot .270. I’ve killed several deer with it but at the risk of sounding like a wimp, I don’t like to shoot it over 3-4 times in a row. Thing will flat out kill your shoulder. Lol

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Yes. You'll be shooting high now with the lighter bullets and may need to adjust the windage. Only way to know is to shoot it. Academy Sports had probably 30 boxes of 150 gr loads, not Remington.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
I would wait until the evening before gun opener to rezero

Kinda on track but better bet is take it to Walmart night before opening day and tell them what ammo your using so they can bore sight it appropriately. After that just get that pizza box out at about 50 yards and use the truck headlights to double check. People can argue but that’s a proven method used by many big buck hunters

Latest posts