Question

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by Todd H, Nov 20, 2020.

1. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
  2. American hunter

American hunter Fawn

Dec 8, 2020
    Perry
    Price on Raccoon fur is near $1-$5.

3. American hunter

American hunter Fawn

Dec 8, 2020
    Perry
    Dp traps are safe for other animals. I’m pretty sure each trap has to have the trappers name and information.

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Is there a trapping license in Ky?

5. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Yes ^^^. Even landowner trapping license I think they $10. Regular trap license $20 ,. Just few years ago they were bringing $30 for put up pelts "prime" , the hunted dog bit shot full of holes ones not much value . buddy of mine had over 4 thousand dollars in coons alone that year when he walked out of auction. All caught in DPs

6. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    I'm not sure of the point of this post. Is it to share that coons have little to no monetary value? I'm assuming you aren't hunting coons to pay the bills, the same as I'm not trapping them to get rich. I enjoy trapping and spending time with the kids on the line probably the same as you enjoy being out with your hounds.

Trapping is a great way to manage predators and gives me something to do during a time of year where most people are sitting on the couch. I'm not good at it, but I enjoy it. The value of the pelt is far greater to me than $1-5.

Timholt70 likes this.
  7. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Yes, for the most part DPs are safe for other animals BUT there are instances where non-targets have ended up in them. I'm a firm believer that "if it can happen, it will". Just something to think about.

8. camolivesmatter

camolivesmatter Fawn

Jul 28, 2020
    I will come out at night and take care of them without dogs