question?

Apr 15, 2011
I`m new here and new to turkey hunting in ky. Why do they not open season here till this late? Season should have opened 3 or 4 wks ago. I guess I`m going to buy TN tags next year. I had heard KY season didnt open till way too late. Thought Id try it. Not again. These birds shoule have been hundted a month ago. They are done breeding. I dont understand. If I wanted to hunt birds that were done breeding Id fall hunt. Anyone know why?

deadaim

12 pointer
Dec 12, 2001
Booger Hollar
They are not done breeding. They are in full breeding mode right now. They are so henned up its nuts.in a week or two will be the best hunting of the season. If anything I wish it was a week longer

Oak grove

6 pointer
Dec 20, 2010
Washington Co.
I know of two that are done breeding.

Chalk another one up on your list out of Washington county. If this weather would break it would be awesome. Last year my birds shut down during youth season and never warmed back up. Result a 25lb 10" beard 1-3/8 spurs this year. Thinning of hens in the fall helps.

forddeerslayer

12 pointer
Jun 26, 2009
greenup/lewis co
lol when i was living in pa it opened the first saturday in may! lol how about them apples! no really it did tho. i dont care when it opens ill hunt them as long as the good Lord is willing me to.

Xi Bowhunter

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2002
Goetz Farm
I`m new here and new to turkey hunting in ky. Why do they not open season here till this late? Season should have opened 3 or 4 wks ago. I guess I`m going to buy TN tags next year. I had heard KY season didnt open till way too late. Thought Id try it. Not again. These birds shoule have been hundted a month ago. They are done breeding. I dont understand. If I wanted to hunt birds that were done breeding Id fall hunt. Anyone know why?

The bird Dad killed Sunday was nowhere near done breeding. I think you are letting your hunting frustrations get the best of you. I'm not hearing many birds being vocal on the properties I hunt, but I firmly believe it is weather related and nothing else. I am seeing gobblers strutting out in the fields every day while driving for work. It is far from over.

Latest posts