Question for you license experts

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Duster, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Have not shot any this year. Plan to take 4 and give to Waste Not Want Not for processing for local food bank. Question is can I tag two with my regular senior license not hunting my property and then take two more off my property without buying the bonus tags and check them in as landowner = 4 total. I know it's only $15 for the bonus tags, just curious if this would be legal or not.

Sure hope my muzzleloader stuff get's here fast so I will have time to fine tune my old Knight. Trying 209 caps and 777 pellets...240 grain Sierra 44 HP with a sabot....going to start with 90 grains...1-60 1-30 in the 22 inch 50 cal.

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I found it in the guide..... looks like one place on page 7 they say regular deer license and another place on page 7 says same as sportsman plus additional deer permits. So to me that means I am covered for 4 deer in my zone 2 county on senior license.

They sure seem to want to confuse someone whoever wrote the book with different regs on the same page.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. CSS archer

CSS archer BBBC Members

Dec 13, 2001
    Central KY
    If you'd posted this in the fish and wildlife question forum, you'd have gotten a response sooner.
    You get the added permits included with the senior disabled license, it does not include the elk, bear, or federal duck stamp.

In your specific question, yes you can take 2 deer on your own property without any license or tag, and 2 on someone elses in z2-4, valid with your $5 license, additional deer may be taken in z1, but overall only 1 antlered deer total and all must be recorded on your harvest log and telechecked.

4. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    So if I killed a buck and a doe off my property at a friends land I could take two more does off my property without a bonus tag? I am in a zone that it is legal to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    If you had any idea how stupid this comment was............

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    Thats rich, coming from the guy that just posted this.

7. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    radar, I don't know who put the burr under your saddle this morning but I'm asking politely for you to remove it, this time.

CSS is a KDFWR employee and your attitude is both unwarranted and uncalled for.

8. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    Lead polar bear and black panther stocking agent. Zip it up and move on.

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Thanks CSS just the wording on the rules in the two places on the same page seem strange and I don't want to be label a poacher when I am just going to try and feed some people that can use the meat.

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You forgot the most important job of parachuting those rattlesnakes in to control the turkey population.. :)

11. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Now, don't start up with that old tale again. They quit that program years ago...

12. big bubba t

big bubba t 10 pointer

Sep 4, 2004
    Waltersburg , KY
    You also forgot the he heads up the buzzard migration research dept..

13. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I got a neighbor from eastern ky and will get fighting mad about that rattlesnake program. He hates it when I laugh at him. Of course he is the same guy that swears he saw a UK blue ky wildcat up the road hunting mice in a field. I told him he was a liar that they only hunt red Louisville cardinals. He got mad over that also!!

But I do want to congratulate you in getting some deer for people who can't. If they don't tell ya. I will go on and Thank You.