Question for the Crossbow Guys

Discussion in 'Crossbow Forum' started by predator1, Sep 15, 2012.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I just got my first crossbow, and I can definitely say that it is extremely fun to shoot. I picked it up used, but it looks like new and functions perfectly. My question is about the limbs. I noticed that they are not cranked down all the way. Should they be?? Also the guy I got it from said that I should shoot 22"bolts, but the guide says to shoot 20"bolts that way a total weight of 450gr's or more. Any help or input would be appreciated. Btw it's a Barnett Wildcat C5.

2. coon hunter

coon hunter Spike

Jun 15, 2008
    Brownsville KY
    If you do take it to a pro . I seen one to day the string was bust because the guy who messed with it did not know what he was doing .

3. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I really dont know the answer....and it may be one you would want to contact Barnett about both.

I do know on my Parker ...their flat against the limb brackets & bolts are bottomed out.

Really would'nt know why you would back them out in the first place.... unless someone was trying to adjust the tiller...or trying to lower the poundage...which you should'nt really do on a crossbow.

4. mrdux

mrdux Guest

On my Carbon Express the limbs don't APPEAR to be cranked all the way down but when I put the hex on them to tighten them more, they are all the way down tight.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Not sure what you are saying about the limbs but in my family we have a Parker, Barnett, and Horton crossbow. Most new Barnetts are made to shoot a 22 inch bolt, Parker a 20 inch, and Horton just depends on the age and model. A 20 inch will shoot in it I'm sure just they are made for a 22 inch.

6. FRUlery

FRUlery Spike

Nov 1, 2011
    Louisville
    Got a Barnett C5 Wildcat package for Fathers Day. Came with 22" bolts and 100 grain field tips in the package from Barnett.

7. deerchaser_1

deerchaser_1 6 pointer

Jul 27, 2008
    The limbs should have been factory set. I have a Quad 400(older model) and it shoots 22 inch bolts. Maybe go to Barnett website and see what they say