question about moultrie digital from wal mart

Nov 25, 2004
kentucky
hey guys i have been viewing pics and reading posts on her for a while so i thought id try to get some help. i have a moultrie digital cam from wally world and i have 128mb sd card for it today i had a friend go switch out my cards and install a new battery , and he said it had 82 pics on it but when i put the card in my comp it only had 53 pics on it, has this happened to anyone else?

drew

8 pointer
Oct 31, 2003
Graves County
The first Moultrie I bought wouldn't write to the 128mb SD card and I took it back........the second one is now working, but the deer have to get extremely close before it will take their pics and my cheap 35mm Stealth Cam gets twice as many pics at the same locations. How close do the deer have to be for it to take pics and is anyone out there happy w/ theirs? I'm not happy w/ mine at all!

adakota4x4

Spike
Aug 2, 2005
Taylorsville, KY
Mine had a problem with the sd card as well. It would give the message "memory full" after only 50 or so pics on a 256 card and 16 pics on a 128. I took it back and exchanged it after calling Moultrie to explain the situation. The new camera is currently in the woods...I'll probably pick it up this weekend.
As for sensitivity, I didn't have any problem with the first one. I really liked the first one. It worked great in my opinion except for the memory problem. I've got some great pics out of it. I've heard a lot of good things from other folks. I hope this new one doesn't have any glitches.
I did notice after exchanging the first camera that the second camera has a software upgrade. My original one flashed v1.4 when first started, but this new one flashes v1.5. I think Moultrie is probably working out some of the bugs.
--Aaron--

CM12

8 pointer
Dec 13, 2004
Knott Co.
Don't Complain. You ought to see my trail cam

Shoot guys, don't complain. My trail cam is the first version. I mean what I got is a high school art student who sits in a blind and draws the deer. Very time consuming and expensive. He works for minimum wage but man that adds up.

Nov 25, 2004
kentucky
my camera has given me some very good operation so far this is the only thing that has given me any problems it takes excellent pics and i am planning to buy another one this weekend. i havent gotten any pics of shooter bucks but multiple shot of 1 1/2 year old bucks. i would post a pic or two but i am new to this and i dont know how.

Apr 13, 2003
I have been very pleased with mine. Taken many pics without problems yet. Pics are clear. I think the infrared sensor on my goes out to about 30 feet. Would like a little longer, but cannot complain for this price (<$100.00).

bullittcounty

8 pointer
Aug 23, 2005
bullitt county
CM12 said:
Shoot guys, don't complain. My trail cam is the first version. I mean what I got is a high school art student who sits in a blind and draws the deer. Very time consuming and expensive. He works for minimum wage but man that adds up.

man thats a good idea! Im just using my 3 year old with an etch-a-sketch.

That was until some man from CPS told me it wasnt a "good idea to let your 3 year old camp out in the woods for a week in a bob the builder pup tent"....just another way of the man keeping us down......:)

KyHorse

BBBC Members
Jul 29, 2003
Henderson, KY, USA.
I like mine and it picks up deer out a good distance. The sensor has even picked up a tractor out in a field about 75 yards from where the camera sits.

As for the units saying memory is full with the SD cards. Mine did this once but figured out that when I pulled the images up to view from the game cam, I cut them out of the folder onto my pc. Images gone right? Wrong. I had put the cam back out for a week. Went to retrieve it and it told me MEMORY Full. Thought I hit the jackpot. Not. Upon looking at the camera, I had 5 new images. I did not go through the menu system on the Moultrie and choose yes to erase images and discard events. I've probably got 12-1300 images since. Can't beat it for 100 bucks.

Nov 25, 2004
kentucky
i went back to check my camera today and when i pulled the sd card it showed that i had 82 pics. so i pulled the camera and broght it home and when i looked at the pics they were the rest of the one that i was missing, i dont know if the card lost contact or what but it seems to be working fine now

warden505

Spike
Mar 2, 2004
I just got one a couple of weeks ago. When I put it out I found that you had to walk within 3 feet of the thing for it to snap a picture. Mine will probably go back to Bass Pro.

Latest posts